PDA

View Full Version : Taraus Fan Mounting

PT73Nova
07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Whats the best way to mount the taraus fan in my 73 nova? Thanks

gmachinz
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, you need to mount it as a pusher so hopefully you have the room-you will need to fab your own brackets for it-you don't want to use zip ties-the vibration over time could potentially rub holes in your radiator cooling tubes and tear up your fins. Be aware that your fan will draw some juice so be prepared to install a relay if that's your triggering method or you can opt for a variable speed controller. I have both those and HD 70 amp relays so I can help you go in either direction. If you need, I can draw upa diagram for you,too. -Jabin

PT73Nova
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Mount it as a pusher? I thought i could mount it as a puller in front of the radaitor by the water pump, or is that what you mean as a pusher? Im going to wire it up to a relay and to a switch and only use low speed for now because i have to upgrade my alternator before i can use the high speed. Thanks

Sean

LowBuckX
07-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I have one on my 72 Nova go to my car domain page and use my wire schematic. Mounting is easy. I made 2 90* brackets that let me use the stock bottom mount then added to the top to bolt to the top mount. very easy. ..

gmachinz
07-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Oops-I meant to type "puller" not pusher...I was listening to Steppenwolf at the time I wrote that...LOL -Jabin

PT73Nova
07-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the help guys. LowBuck, i saw your domain page after i posted this, again thanks for the help..

Sean

cad
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
my install is here http://doukas.us/fan.htm