PDA

View Full Version : Where can you get a polished or chrome Alternator?

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
just looking to dress up my engine bay a bit..

also does anyone know where i can get a nice set of sparkplug wire loom? maybe a chrome one?

heres my bay.. any suggestions to blinging it up..

and yea i know i got to simple green it up.. :usa:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

im trying to get the bay to look somthing like this..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

i still am learning about this stuff so i dunno what all the components are yet..

Steve1968LS2
07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey! Where did you get that engine picture?? :lol:

Some companies like Powermaster sell chromed alternators and starters nationally. Or you can have your alternator taken apart at a shop that rebuilds them, have the casings polished/chromed then have the shop rebuild the alternator. I think MSD has a line of nice looking alternators as well.

I would also see if you have a local "hot rod swap meet".. it's a good place to find stuff like this for a cheap price. In addition you can find a local shop that does polishing and they can take care of some stuff like intake manifolds and such.

The engine bay in your pic shows what can be done with not much cash and a LOT of effort. Back then nobody made fancy billet parts or even nice reproduction parts. It was mainly painting, polishing and plating everything that I could.

To show how old I am.. that pinstriping on the core support was done by Bid Daddy Ed Roth.. :)

TonyL
07-04-2006, 07:40 PM
check Summit and Jegs. They offer "dress up kits" that have all of the brackets and looms you're looking for, Even parts houses like auto zone and kragen, even pepboys have them too.

If youre looking for tips, hide as much wireing and hoses that you can. It helps a bunch.

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-04-2006, 09:42 PM
yea Steve.. i was going to ask you these questions but i had so many i figured id post up..

i gotta get this cleaned up.. grrr..