PDA

View Full Version : chroming around CT??

richs71Nova
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
hey guys, my front bumper on my 71 nova is in mint shape, but needs re-chroming badly. i'd like to re use this bumper in stead of buying a reproduction. does anyone in the connecticut area know of any place that re dip chrome parts?? thanks in advance, Rich

68sixspeed
07-03-2006, 05:11 AM
I'd send it out to Ogden Chrome in Utah; I haven't been happy with any of the automotive type chrome platers in our area. -Dan

69bigblock
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
How much would it cost to rechrome a bumper? To buy new there around 160.00. There are few in the area which sell themin the area, ground-up, autobody specialties and there's a new one in classic part store in waterbury....

Bryan

richs71Nova
07-04-2006, 03:05 PM
thanks guys for both of your help. i guess i'm going to have to weigh out both options. if it cheaper to send the bumper out and rechrome it i'll def. do that so i can keep it mostly original, but if its cheaper to just by a new one from those stores i'll just do that.

thanks again, Rich

turner69camaro
07-14-2006, 04:10 AM
I can almost guarantee you that it will be about twice as high to have your bumper rechromed. The worlds best chroming is done by Advanced Plating in Nashville, TN. They do all the high dollar cars.

chopshopcustoms
10-08-2007, 04:05 AM
hey guys, my front bumper on my 71 nova is in mint shape, but needs re-chroming badly. i'd like to re use this bumper in stead of buying a reproduction. does anyone in the connecticut area know of any place that re dip chrome parts?? thanks in advance, Rich

Give me a call if youd like- my chromer does grade 9 chrome and is in Rhode Island. Id have to bring it there though (I think) as he doesnt do retail all the time.

dannyho
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
look up the Chromium process in shelton, ct. My sister worked there for a very long time. good group of guys

67ragtp
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
New England Chrome in Hartford Conn. I used them to do the pot metal uprights/frame of my 67 wing windows. Real nice job, and price was very reasonable compared to some of the recommended sites that do a lot of resto work.

Rich

matty b
11-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Sherms Plating here in Sacramento is awesome, they did Roy Pigfords Nova among others. Down side is you probably dont wanna pay what they charge but the finished result is going to look a million times better than the chrome on a repop bumper.