PDA

View Full Version : Vibration when braking from high speeds

protour_chevelle
10-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Like the title.

BAER slotted and drilled rotors on all 4's. When I'm 40mph up and brake light or hard, I get some vibration. I'm guessing its the slotts in the rotor? It feels cool(lol) but I'm not sure if it should be there or not. Braking is always consistant, Maybe if I had a motor that didn't die when I hit the brakes hard :dunno: Ohwell 2bbl is no fun. Next season and that will be solved:)

-Matt

chevymike
10-26-2004, 05:57 AM
When I had my '92 Camaro with slotted Baer's, I noticed the same thing. It almost had the cheese grater feeling. From what I can tell, it's normal with slotted rotors.

Kenova
10-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Matt,
I'm not sure if this would apply to you or not, it's just something I've experienced.

Years ago I had a '75 Camaro that I drove in the summer months, and a '77 Astre that I drove in the winter. The Astre would sit still during the summer. In late fall when I would start driving it, all of the rust on the rotors would be scraped off by the pads. However, the spots under the pads didn't rust during the summer. This resulted in high spots on each of the rotors causing a vibration.

Somehow I doubt that you are driving your pride and joy in the Alberta winter, and there may not be enough moisture in the air to cause any significant rust on your rotors during the winter. This is just something you may want to keep in the back of your mind.

Ken

rwhite_692
11-03-2004, 11:09 AM
If there is vibration, something is wrong. Put a dial indicator on each rotor and give it a spin and see what's going on.