PDA

View Full Version : Installing LS2 and T56

wblanton
06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
I am building a 69 Camaro. I am planning on installing a LS2 from Turnkey Engine's and a T56 from where ever I can find one. According to turnkey the ECM comes with LS2 and it is a five wire hook up. What modifications are going to be necessary to install motor and transmission. Are there some kits that may make this swap go easier? Would it be easier to install a Tremec 5 speed with the Classic 5 Speed kit? How would it match up to the LS2 camaro combo?

streetk14
06-24-2006, 12:13 PM
I am building a 69 Camaro. I am planning on installing a LS2 from Turnkey Engine's and a T56 from where ever I can find one. According to turnkey the ECM comes with LS2 and it is a five wire hook up. What modifications are going to be necessary to install motor and transmission. Are there some kits that may make this swap go easier? Would it be easier to install a Tremec 5 speed with the Classic 5 Speed kit? How would it match up to the LS2 camaro combo?

Check out this link : http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472609

It should give you a good idea what is involved. I am in the middle of an LS1/T56 install in my '68 Camaro.

I would recommend ATS for your swap parts (www.t56kit.com). They make motor mount adapters, trans crossmember, and a bolt-in hydraulic clutch kit. My motor is not yet in the car (have the heads off it right now), but it should bolt right in without issues.

If you are using a stock subframe, you will have to modify an f-body oil pan or buy a custom one.

I was not aware of a Tremec TKO kit being made for the LSX motors, but I don't see any reason not to run the T56. It will bolt right up to the motor and adapting the hydraulics is not a problem.

-Andy