PDA

View Full Version : Über Belated Introduction..

DusterRT
06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
I just realized I've been semi-lurking around this site, making the occasional random post here and there for almost two years now..and I don't think I've ever 'formally' introduced myself! I figured some of you might be wondering, "Who the heck is this guy?" and better late than never..

I'm a soon-to-be graduatated college stoodent in southern Illinois (SIUC), and my pro-touring ride is a...1998 Dodge Neon. :lmao: At least it's an R/T, woo-hoo! It's a fun car (go-kart?) that saves me gas money, yet still manages to be a bigger money pit and more unreliable than any of the vintage rides I had in highschool (a '67 Mustang and a few Mopar A-bodies)..I can't wait to get rid of it though, to be perfectly honest.

You may have guessed by my screen name there's a Duster somewhere in my history! I've got a '71 Duster 340 my dad found through a friend at work when I was 15. This poor thing was my guinnea pig..my dad knew nothing about cars, and I didn't either. It was a running, driving car when we got it. Long story short, what started as a tune-up gave me a first-hand exposure to 'mission creep'..it's a complete mess right now. I learned a lot of lessons though (mostly the hard way), and I've managed to hang on to it despite many obstacles..the main one not exactly having the $$ for a frame-off resto when you're bagging groceries for a living, LOL.

I'm kind of torn with what to do with it; some of you may have seen my "Concept" post in the project updates section. It's also a #'s matching car..I'm not a big numbers guy, but they aren't getting any more common these days..and over the years, the brown-gold-greenish metallic with white stripes and vinyl top has kind of grown on me. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I've got a couple original pictures and a couple photochops in my PT Garage if you're curious!

I usually spend my days at work, in class, or helping out with the Formula SAE car when I can. I'll probably be more active around here than I have in the past..freedom is just around the corner, and hopefully I can spend my time neck deep in fun projects again rather than in the books! :fingersx:

Travis

PeteRR
06-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Welcome. Take it from me, "plan twice, spend once."