PDA

View Full Version : Would you get this Cuda?

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-22-2006, 10:14 AM
been looking at this Cuda..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

340 4-speed car, rusty pans, good rails, needs complete restoration. Full interior and Rallye dash, no engine or transmission.

for 3k

would you buy it if you were me? been looking at it from an investment standpoint.. and even because i LOVE how bobs Cuda looks..

i havent seen it up close but have been concidering it..
i know that the panels if they are bad rusted they may be hard to source..

what do you guys think?

TonyL
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
depends on the price. but yea. even if it rots, its going to gain value.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
hes asking 3k.

i already have my hands full with my Camaro.. but if its worth it ill get it and store it.. or atleast get the body together.

Happyfunballs
06-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Yep...I'd get it. It won't look that ugly once it's blasted.

Steve1968LS2
06-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Considering the one crushed flat on ebay went for $6700.. I would say $3k isn't that bad.. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4632550547

Ron S
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Looks about like mine when i started.Mopar stuff is bringing the $ right now.As much as I hate to say it, it's probably worth it.Goodmark has been promising the fenders and full quarters for more then a year now.I've got a hardtop I'm putting a 6.1 in,which I'm trying to wait on the body work until they become avalible

Mean 69
06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Where is the car at? Careful though, if you don't buy it, I probably will!

Cuda's are the highest darned price donor cars out there, and getting really hard to find. Who knows if the trend on the pricing will continue, but if it does, $3k for a titled car is nothing these days. Sad but true.

M

TonyL
06-22-2006, 12:10 PM
exactly, lose the damaged hood, get it blasted and put some used tires under it. primer it and sell that bad boy for 6 grand.

formula
06-22-2006, 12:20 PM
I agree, even if you don't want to rebuild the car, seems like a great candidate to flip on ebay.

SLO 65
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
I just bought a 70 barracuda in almost the same condition. I payed slightly less - $500. I would buy that car to "flip" or to build a hot rod, a correct restoration would probably get you upside down in a hurry. I suggest looking at the prices of parts you'll need. Just from a quick glance it needs a grill, hood, windshield trim, front valence, and a front bumper and brackets. Those parts alone are going to cost close to the asking price for the car. Looks like a great canidate for the XV motorsports or lateral dynamics treatment.

Nick

DusterRT
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
As depressing as it is...that's probably a pretty decent deal. 3-4 years ago I passed on a running, driving and presentable '72 Challenger for $2500. :hand:

What about the other one behind it?

Bob Johnson
06-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Yep...I'd get it. It won't look that ugly once it's blasted.
ask Barry White if that holds true. most time when you blast it, you uncover tons of ills that you didn't know existed..get some detailed pix of the bottoms of the doors, the trunk lid, around the windows etc. It looks eat up to me but you can't buy squat in a Cuda for 3K

blackbeast
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
you will love this, about 6-7 years ago when before i bought the 69, looked at a black/black cuda turned racecar. original 440-6. too much car for me then (15) think they wanted like 3,500 for it. whooops

hdesign
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I'd ask for a hell of a lot more photos and do an extensive VIN search before I considered dropping that kind of money on a rusted shell. I'd also be pricing every single body part I could...looks like it needs 'em all. Correct trim on that car is gonna kill ya. If it's not a rare Cuda, I'd hot rod the hell out of it. Of course you could search the swap meets, snag some used sheetmetal and a grill, prime it and flip it for an easy profit.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
hmm..

yea he has 2 challengers also.. both with no engine.

tempted on all levels..

MrQuick
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
What a complete POS...give me the address and i'll tell it to his face! geeeze, the garbage they sell now a days. No, seriously where is it?

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Texas.

Fast68back
06-24-2006, 07:56 PM
If its close to dallas let me know, I'll go look at it for ya. There is one a couple blocks from me that is complete and sitting in this guys driveway. Been meaning to stop one of these day and see if he'd sell it, just to flip it.

Seriously though, if its close to me and you need someone to go look and shoot some photos of trouble areas let me know.

DusterRT
06-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Man, I hate that. Wish people'd just stop and see if he'd sell it 'cause they want to do something with it. Now it's just if they can make a buck or not. It's not all bad, I just feel for the people who can't afford to get in the game now. The times, they are a changin'...

68Cuda440
06-28-2006, 08:23 PM
been looking at this Cuda..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

340 4-speed car, rusty pans, good rails, needs complete restoration. Full interior and Rallye dash, no engine or transmission.

for 3k

would you buy it if you were me? been looking at it from an investment standpoint.. and even because i LOVE how bobs Cuda looks..

i havent seen it up close but have been concidering it..
i know that the panels if they are bad rusted they may be hard to source..

what do you guys think?

If it is a '70 or '71 you can at least get your money back out. '72-'74 I would pass unless it is a 'cuda and has good parts.

What part of Texas? I am near Austin.