PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal

paulk68
10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I was just wondering if you needed to have a certian screen name for people to respond to you. i posted what i thought would be a pretty easy question to answer in the suspension topic and after 42 visits nobody has anything to say. i know that i am not one of the well know people on here and i do not post as much as the regulars but i did not think i would have no responses. maybe if i make a new name close to one of the regulars i could actually get some help.
paul

will69camaro
10-25-2004, 06:01 PM
I actually know how you feel on that one...Good luck getting responses, sometimes it's a little hard to get any feedback at all.

William

zbugger
10-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry to say this, but a little patience goes a long way. You did just post it today. I've had posts go a day or more without response. Also, lurkers are a lot of those views. And you know that they don't usually post. I don't think "guest" viewers are allowed to post. That's where all the views come from. Please don't take offense to it. Also, there are some people that just don't have an answer. Sorry if you get offended, but that's just how it goes sometimes....

Jagarang
10-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Please, don't take it personally.

This site is one of the very few, THANK GOD, that doesn't have a bunch of bickering, snobbish, mightier than thou, new-bie hating jerks cramming the forums! That's why I love this place. Your lack of responses undoubtedly doesn't have anything to do with you "New" status...we were all new at one time. The regulars here are really a bunch of GREAT people who help as much as they can. I respond when I can, but I'm way outclassed by ALOT of the guys on here when it comes to auto "knowledge". I'd rather wait for them to give you the right answer, than for me to give my best guess/estimation! Welcome to the board! Bear with us! Take everything with a grain of salt and persistence pays! You will gain more by staying vs leaving, even if it's not on every post you place!

VIVA PRO-TOURING.COM!!

Nine Ball
10-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Its definitely not personal. The activity level on this site is pretty slow for the amount of visitors that it sees. It seems like the majority of visitors just lurk around and do not participate. Even some of us veterans (and moderators) have questions that go on for days before getting a response.

Tony

BADVELLE
10-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Just let it go for awhile. I have a post and a few in the past that did not get a response, just a lot of views. I take it this way, no one has a safe opinion or answer to the question. I would much rather have no one answer my question, than have someone go off half-****ed with an answer. There are a lot of experts on this site with great feedback and information, just maybe can't answer all the questions.

PRO-TOURING.COM :1st:

Steve1968LS2
10-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Its definitely not personal. The activity level on this site is pretty slow for the amount of visitors that it sees. It seems like the majority of visitors just lurk around and do not participate. Even some of us veterans (and moderators) have questions that go on for days before getting a response.

Tony

Yep.. hell ive got a simple question in the "interior" section that has yet to be answered.. and I have a great name on here :)

Like Tony said.. for whatever reason we have low posting activity compared to how much clicking is going on.. 46 views does not mean 46 unique view either.. everytime you click on it the view meter goes up even if you have already clicked on it. Also a lot of people either dont know the answer to your question, are lurkers or are not registered members of the board.

Ive always found this board to be very willing to help.. but with the low posting traffic you have to be a little more patient in waiting for the right person to see your post. :)