PDA

View Full Version : i want to learn about fuel injection

RobM
10-25-2004, 04:30 PM
where is a good source to learn alot about fuel injection? has any one created a home made EFI set up?

Fuelie Fan
10-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Do you have any specific questions? I would recommend getting some books. "Haynes Engine Management" by Dave Walker and "How to Understand, Service, and Modify Corvette Fuel Injection and Electronic Engine Management" (Phew, long title!) by Charles Probst are good starters. Then, you can step up to Bosch's "Gasoline Engine Management"

Our company makes our own ECUs, and many people on this site have many hours of tuning experience, so I'm sure we can answer any specific questions you may have.

RobM
10-26-2004, 01:05 PM
i have no direct questions, i just want to know more about it. can it be retro fitted to any intake? since it actualy controles the amout of air coming in is if affected by CFM like a carb would be? for instance would a throttle body thats 10 milla meters bigger actualy make a differance?

andrewb70
10-28-2004, 04:56 AM
Give this a read:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/199R10149-6%20Cmdr%20950.pdf

It has a ton of basic EFI information.

Andrew

SBNova
11-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Try thirdgen.org in the "DIY-prom" section of the "message boards". There is a wealth of information there, in the top "important/useful" labeled posts particularly. This site focuses on the use of GM computers (ECM's), commonly found in thirdgen camaros, like throttle body and TPI cars. They have been modified to run alternate combos very well, including boosted applications, and have been into the 9 second quarter mile range. Some of it will be hard reading for the non-technical, but it will sink in in time.

will69camaro
11-19-2004, 07:34 AM
I second the corvette fuel injection book (big red book). I started in on it when i got the LT1 for my car knowing almost nothing about fuel injection besides some basic basic basic stuff (did i say basic?). Now i understand a lot more about FI and it explains everything very well.

William

Matt
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
It's pretty cheap and semi-common to get a standard intake manifold, and bung it for efi...then use ford a9L stuff (early 90's mustang), since it's cheap and takes well to most things you'd throw at it.