PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Demon

Chicane 73
06-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I have a street Demon carburetor that leaks onto my new chrome Edelbrock"Endura Shine" manifold.

My first concern is that the manifold isn't supposed to stain but mine is all yellow from the fuel leak there. I really don't want to try to get it off because I don't want to harm the coating. I have no idea what to use to remove it.

My second concern is the leak itself,it seems to be in the front towards the drivers side. I never see it leak,but it is. I would like to know what to do about the leak,if anybody has seen this please let me know what it might be,I need to get it fixed.

Matt@RFR
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Have you tried making sure all the fasteners are tight? If they are, you could take the bowls off and see if any gaskets are crimped.

Have you adjusted the float level a few times? Those gaskets tend to get ripped after a few adjustments.

PRO TC
06-21-2006, 07:36 PM
tighten the bowls mine leaked like a b---h when i first started it this year. the bowl screws were finger tight.

barry

Tech @ BG
06-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Make sure the bowl screws, and the acclerator pump cover screws are tight. They will need to be re-tightened periodically. It's best to do this a few times after a new installation (like a set of headers) and then during each oil change.

Madspeed
06-28-2006, 11:05 PM
10 bucks says its the front acellerator pump
work the throttle from under the hood and check it while your doiing it