PDA

View Full Version : Legris Connectors

tireman
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm working on a Hilborn conversion. Right now I have it mocked up with Legris connectors (Quick Connects) for the MAP and IAC vacuum manifolds. After working with them, I am concerned about their durability. The last thing I want is a vacuum leak to chase down. Does anyone have experience with these on a car manifold?

Fuelie Fan
10-25-2004, 09:35 PM
We've used similar connectors for fuel and air connections with decent success provided you don't try to bend them too tightly right at the connector, which from the picture it looks like you might be close to doing. The design itself is certainly well proven in pneumatics. I was even told that a similar connection is used for big rig truck air brakes, which if true should give you an idea of their durability. Of course, having never seen it first hand I can't 100% stand behind that, but I CAN tell you there are at least 20 cars running around using those fittings for air AND fuel with success.

tireman
10-27-2004, 02:00 AM
That bending close to the connector is what worries me too. When I saw how much the connectors flexed, it did not give me the impression that they will last forever like that. Unfortunately there is not enough room to do much better. I was just wondering if someone had some first hand experience. Thanks...

justanova
10-27-2004, 07:37 AM
I was even told that a similar connection is used for big rig truck air brakes

fittings that are just like that are indeed used for big rig air brakes and they have proven to be very durable.