PDA

View Full Version : Is here too many forums?

Bowtie racing
06-19-2006, 04:52 AM
As for my self i feel pro-touring.com has too many forums. Otherwise i like the layout.

Beegs
06-19-2006, 05:28 AM
As for myself, I feel you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

If there are certain things you don't like about pro-touring.com you could do as many others have: register a domain name and go for it.

Bad Bowtie
06-19-2006, 06:14 AM
I think it covers the spectrum of the P/T community very well. Larry has asked for feedback in the past on what forums we want and I think it's been a group effort toward development of the site. I especially like the "emergency room" (though I havent had to use it yet, thanks to all the knowledgable members posting in the forums :grouphug: ) i'm glad it's there if I need it. I would like to say... I think Larry has done a very good job with the site
Jack

astroracer
06-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Too many forums for what? Most topics are covered and kept relatively clean from cross-topic posting...
I suspect you are getting tired of opening each topic to check for new posts... You don't have to do that if you use the New Posts button in the header. I use it every time I open up the forum. Saves a lot of time as it only opens the "New Posts" from my last visit...
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

derekf
06-19-2006, 06:32 AM
The added forums were all added at user request.

If there are forums you don't care about, it's trivial to not read them - I don't read the Wheel and Tire forum, because I don't care about wheels or tires this year. I also don't read the Events forums, because I'm not enough of a people person to go places. The forums I do care about, I can read without being overwhelmed with stuff I just don't want to read.

Bowtie racing
06-19-2006, 08:03 AM
As for myself, I feel you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

What is your problem ? Title of this forum is clearly "Forum Requests, Feedback and FAQ " I have no idea whatkind of world you are living but feedback can be positive,negative and developble.

In this case my opinion is, at for example: Suspension,disc brakes(+all brake related..:rolleyes: ) and wheels could be all under same forum title.

astroracer
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
What is your problem ? Title of this forum is clearly "Forum Requests, Feedback and FAQ " I have no idea whatkind of world you are living but feedback can be positive,negative and developble.

In this case my opinion is, at for example: Suspension,disc brakes(+all brake related..:rolleyes: ) and wheels could be all under same forum title.
Let's just drop it.. Okay guys? There is no sense in getting everyones panties in a knot over one guys opinion. I expect nothing will change, forum wise, so let the thread die. If he wants to argue he can do it with himself...
Mark

ProdigyCustoms
06-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I assume your issue is too much scanning for new post. Easiest thing to do is just hit "new post" when you sign in, then you do not have to scan every subject

Bowtie racing
06-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I assume your issue is too much scanning for new post. Easiest thing to do is just hit "new post" when you sign in, then you do not have to scan every subject

Well...you are right! I had to admit i did not think of that.. Thanks for the tip!

Ralph LoGrasso
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM

That forum would become too cluttered and would be too difficult to reference in the future. When I was initially creating and describing the new forums after Larry set up the VBB software, I went over the old site, and checked all forums thoroughly. I then retained what forums were often used, split some forums into multiple forums and finally created some new ones. The reason for having so many forums (and keeping them well organized) is so that if, say 10 months from now you want to reference a thread about 3-link suspensions, you'll know right where to search for it (the suspension forum) as well you won't have to sort through 10,000 threads on other topics to locate it. And as Derek stated, all of the additional forums were added per user request as well as necessity. The "New Posts" button does a great job of minimizing the size of the forum.