PDA

View Full Version : To flare or not to flare

MoeBawlz
10-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Im looking to fit something wider than a 335 under my 68 Camaro. I already have mini tubs that I will be installing. I am considering something like a flare. I like the tough look of the flare, but if it gets to be to wide it can look ugly in my opinion. So here is what i was thinking.

Do something similar to the Camaro that was featured in popular hotrodding, the one with the massive flares and the huge wing. Make a custom fiberglass peice like he did. Pprobably not as large though.

Roll out the stock sheet metal that i have, I wouldnt personally do this, id bring it to a shop and have someone roll it under and english wheel.

or... take something like a 03' Mustang flare, cut that off and graft it on to my sheet metal. Its not as big as the other camaros and I think it might give it the look i want.

Have any of you done such a project? If so could you give me any pointers that would be greatly appreciated. What do you guys think of the flared look?

also do any of you have any guestimates on what it might cost to have the sheet metal rolled out?

thanks in advance