PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Bob Johnson!

69rs
06-17-2006, 06:49 PM
The baddest Cuda on the planet won the Foose pick at the Year One Braselton Bash today. Chip said it looked good for a totally stock car!

yellowrallys
06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
A little overdue I think.

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-17-2006, 08:19 PM
someone post up some photos of the car in question.. :D

toxicz28
06-17-2006, 08:42 PM
here are some links
https://www.pro-touring.com/events/power-tour/2006/toxicz28/pages/DSC00828.htm

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/power-tour/2006/toxicz28/pages/DSC00829.htm

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/power-tour/2006/toxicz28/pages/DSC00832.htm

formula
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with chip, the car's clean, but could really use a little custom work :razz:

I wonder how the beast would do at some of the little hometown cruise-ins? You know what I'm talkin about-the "oooh, jimmy done got him some o' them thar chrome valve covers" crowd, where the same guy with the pro street nova's taken first pick for the past 15 years...Might be fun.

WS6
06-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Awsome! Congrats! Every time I was over there by the car people around it were taking pictures and talking in amazment about what all had been done to the car.

phaseshift
06-18-2006, 06:58 AM
That is a great car. It is a car person's car as well. What I mean is that pretty well anyone into cars will appreciate that car; seperates the boys from the brands.

ProdigyCustoms
06-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I always knew that Foose guy had good taste.

David Sloan
06-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Congrats Bob!!
It was cool to see the cuda again!!
Every time i see it i find something i didnt see the last time!!

Bob Johnson
06-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I agree with chip, the car's clean, but could really use a little custom work :razz:

I wonder how the beast would do at some of the little hometown cruise-ins? You know what I'm talkin about-the "oooh, jimmy done got him some o' them thar chrome valve covers" crowd, where the same guy with the pro street nova's taken first pick for the past 15 years...Might be fun.
hell this is a hometown cruise-in. Year One lets the participants do the picking. All the local club guys get together and draw straws, flip coins. circle jerk, see who can piss the furthest, etc. It's rather embarrasing to see what continues to win there. Len, the owner of Year One was complaining as to why he can't get his cruise night to be consistantly big. Get a judge that knows his stuff, quit letting the locals make a mockery of the process, and the good cars will come, and then the crowd will come. Year One is definitely on the right track. Their employees are all good guys. I've never won best of show there and I've had some mighty fine stuff there. If Foose was picking everytime I was there, I'd have a bunch of those Year One certificates here. Hell Joe Steinmetz green Mustang with Mighty Mouse written on the trunk and under the hood with the prequisite neon underBeneath, yeah underbeneath it has a better win loss record there than I do. I'm going to add some orange neon and some flame throwers, quit smoking cigars and start dippin snuff, join me a local club and Kick some AS*..this second fiddle crap is for the birds..

Bob Johnson
06-18-2006, 11:06 AM
I appreciate all the accolades. Alan and crew worked mighty hard on the Cuda. I gave him an unlimited budget, and he exceeded it#*&%$

Steve Chryssos
06-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I'll go so far as to put the Johnson Hot Rod Shop 'cuda on par or ahead of anything that Foose Design has built--especially once performance and functionality is included in the mix.

There. I said it.

jeff s
06-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I'll go so far as to put the Johnson Hot Rod Shop 'cuda on par or ahead of anything that Foose Design has built--especially once performance and functionality is included in the mix.

There. I said it.

I'll second that! And I'll say it's ahead of anything that's been built to date by anyone. Give's us all something to reach for.
Congrats Bob.

69rs
06-18-2006, 01:19 PM

There. I said it.
Agreed, all things considered.

fletcherscustoms
06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Damn I was hoping to hear Bob had to shoot somebody ar kicked Foose's ass!! After I all teh trouble me and him went through to get the ticket in his name!! I just new they had him black balled!!

Good Job Bob, now just send me my damn money for the ticket!! lol

BRIAN
06-18-2006, 05:01 PM
It would have been cheaper to keep the Woodie and just start your own show than build the Mopar. But this way the rest of us got to enjoy it by seeing the end result.

Foose is the real deal and I would take a Foose award or any top builders award over "Whatever of the year"

Maybe one of those neon steering wheels that change color. Fish tank in the trunk with live barracuda? Just an idea.

shmoov69
06-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I wonder how the beast would do at some of the little hometown cruise-ins? You know what I'm talkin about-the "oooh, jimmy done got him some o' them thar chrome valve covers" crowd,
HEY, HEY!! I resemble that remark!!!:geek:
Seriously though, congrats Bob

trapin
06-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Hopefully Bob will bring G-Force to Woodward or Autorama so I can see this thing. I've looked at the pictures...but I know full well they don't do it an ounce of justice. Any chance for Detroit next year Bob?

Bob Johnson
06-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Damn I was hoping to hear Bob had to shoot somebody ar kicked Foose's ass!! After I all teh trouble me and him went through to get the ticket in his name!! I just new they had him black balled!!

Good Job Bob, now just send me my damn money for the ticket!! lol
it's on the way.. yeah check's in the mail..won't come in >>>> >>>>>, trucks on the way etc.etc..suckah...I've got black balls.. but it's from not getting enuff..thanks from Billy Howell and myself to you and Mike Holliman..

69rs
06-18-2006, 07:06 PM
How was dinner, Bob? Did you have a happy ending?

Bob Johnson
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
just got back from the dinner with the Year One Guys, Overhaulin Guys and Foose and his lovely wife. Great meal, good company and a good time was had by all..(it wasn't the same without Howell, shoulda taken him instead of my wife..offered to take him but he had to get back to Dollyland)..Everyone there was asking where he was..(like Shi* they were) Bud, The producer of Overhaulin came over and said he wanted to do a story on F'N Bob. I said only if I can have my bud Howell costar. I'm suckin up to ol Bill so's when he's a big Internet Tycoon he will remember me. he's got the **** part down pat, he's just got to work on the ty..

trapin
06-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Bob....Detroit?...'07?....maybe?

syborg tt
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
more pics can be seen here:

http://www.sportmachines.com/gallery/BJ-Cuda

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/power-tour/2006/syborg_tt/

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
ah yes. you dont even know how much i love this ride..

now does ANYONE and i mean ANYONE have a Camaro this low?..

aawww yea!

TSSPAYNE69RS
06-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Congrats! Oh how life will change!! Enjoy it!!

F70t/a
06-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I love looking at Bob's cuda more then strippers..... well almost:fingersx: Love the pics.

Bill Howell
06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Here is proof Chip did look at the wreck. Be sure and note that the water in his hand is the water I gave him though.lol
Bob is right, some people kill me bothering celebs about pictures and autographs. I swear the two young girls were there every five minutes with more parts to have signed. I saw the father actually take the hub caps off the car to get them signed.:pat:

Bob Johnson
06-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I want you to look at the card that's in my hatband. You'd think that hillybill Howell could at least get it centered. When I got home I had so many of those musclerides.com business cards in my pocket, car seats, hat, etc it was a joke. I would gripe but they came in handy when I had to take a dump at Year One and they were out of paper..lol You can see the hub cap the girl is holding behind Foose. Her daddy needed a good ol southern as* whuppin..

Bill Howell
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
LOL Bob, why do you think I posted that particular picture? I was wondering if anyone would catch that, and now you go and blow it...:1st:

Here was Bob's stiffest competition.

Bob Johnson
06-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Bob....Detroit?...'07?....maybe?
That ISCA mentality is just a little off my wave length..That white glove on the top of your muffler checking for dirt is annoying to me. What they look for in a car and what I want is at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Last time Alan went there was in 97 or 98. He won best paint, interior, and several other awards. Butr he lost the Ridler to a glass highboy that sold last year at Barrett Jackson. It brought in the 60's and was as nice as when it won the Ridler. The reason one of the judges told Alan his car didn't win was that the 33 was not driveable. Alan said what do you mean? The guy said it didn't have a dipstick. Alan said..how many 4 speed cars have you ever seen with a dipstick? Talk about dip sticks&%$#@ The 33 Alan built has sold twice for way more than twice the figure the Revolver sold for at Barrett, and the 33 sold both times privately..

customcam
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Awsome pics Syborg and BH
I dont think ill ever get sik of this car hey
It needs its own Showroom! :jawdrop:

Bill Howell
06-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks Customcam, I have about 600 pictures of the event if you want to see anything else that was there.This is as close as AJ got to the goat.

customcam
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks Customcam, I have about 600 pictures of the event if you want to see anything else that was there.This is as close as AJ got to the goat.
How about AJ in a bikini lol oops
Bob there was a grey/silverish 67 camaro at GG indy that iv seen only a pic of. was that there ?? im hoping thanks BH!

Bill Howell
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Here is acouple of Brittany with Mr. Foose and Mr. Johnson.

trapin
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
That ISCA mentality is just a little off my wave length..That white glove on the top of your muffler checking for dirt is annoying to me. What they look for in a car and what I want is at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Last time Alan went there was in 97 or 98. He won best paint, interior, and several other awards. Butr he lost the Ridler to a glass highboy that sold last year at Barrett Jackson. It brought in the 60's and was as nice as when it won the Ridler. The reason one of the judges told Alan his car didn't win was that the 33 was not driveable. Alan said what do you mean? The guy said it didn't have a dipstick. Alan said..how many 4 speed cars have you ever seen with a dipstick? Talk about dip sticks&%$#@ The 33 Alan built has sold twice for way more than twice the figure the Revolver sold for at Barrett, and the 33 sold both times privately..
Oh I didn't mean to bring it to compete for the Ridler. That's a lost cause. If it's not some high boy or a roadster, those idiots don't even consider it. I've always been of the opinion that it's time to put those old judges out to pasture and builders like Foose, Trepanier, and a host of other big wigs in the industry should be calling the shots. I was just hoping you'd bring it up to show off anyway....show 'em what a REAL hot rod is supposed to look like.

F70t/a
06-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Damn how low is Bob's cuda? 4 or 5 Inches off the ground?

SN65
06-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Same question.

How much ground clearance you got? I am guessing 3.5 to 4 inches.

vintageracer
06-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey! Don't forget me, you will still need a limo driver to haul your fat ass's around when you are TV stars in "Bubbaland"!

Alan Johnson
06-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Damn how low is Bob's cuda? 4 or 5 Inches off the ground?

5" front 5 1/2" rear

SN65
06-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Well... Not to start a flame war or anything, but...

I actually have 4" of ground clearance up front. Woo Hoo!!! There you go. I win. Everybody knows that ground clearance is the MAJOR deciding factor at ALL car shows. :-)

I am actually surprised that you have that much clearance up front. The Cuda looks like it is only a nat's A$$ away from major chassis damage. :-)

OBTW, congrats again on the Boyd thing. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall as that went down. Must have been a pretty interesting conversation.

WS6
06-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Who is this Brittany girl? She's pretty.

You know it's funny that Bob's car has 5" of ground clearence. Meanwhile my 96 Formula has maybe 3.5" due to the drop springs and Randon Tech ypipe. It sucks going over speed bumps.

Bill Howell
06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Who is this Brittany girl? She's pretty.

She is aka Cometchick around here. She also has several "Dads" around here that protect her from evil young guys, so watch it! LOL

WS6
06-21-2006, 02:47 AM
Oh ok cool. I had a feeling it was someone that many others knew and I simply had no idea. Glad I didn't respond with the usual internet response of I'd hit it.

Bob Johnson
06-21-2006, 03:34 AM
She is aka Cometchick around here. She also has several "Dads" around here that protect her from evil young guys, so watch it! LOL
I didn't know she was the cometchick..glad she's not being protected from evil old men..she could use a little ol Bob Johnson mentoring...wise ol sage that I be

syborg tt
06-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Glad I didn't respond with the usual internet response of I'd hit it.

Uhm - i think you just did

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-21-2006, 07:06 AM
pwned..

trapin
06-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Yeah...her Dad is a regular here, so be careful how you say it. Although I think I called her "hot" in another thread and so far no one has come to visit me at the house yet. :lmao:

F70t/a
06-21-2006, 08:07 AM
She is a hot girl:worship:

WS6
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Uhm - i think you just did

Uhm no I didn't. I have a little more respect for girls than that. Like I said she is pretty. That's not the same or even close to saying I'd hit it. I'm not motivated by sex, sorry.

shmoov69
06-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Whhhhoooo Mama!!:smoke:

datsbad
06-21-2006, 06:20 PM
nice pics

Bill Howell
06-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Easy boys, she is also 17!

Bill Howell
06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
5" front 5 1/2" rear

That is BBGI? right?
(Before Bob Gets In):lmao:

speedster
06-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Bob, those MuscleRides.com cards stuck all over give you the "Distinguished Gentleman" Redneck look. I think the one Bill gave me has a 976 number on the back. Must be his and Steevo's way of generating extra revenue for the website.

Glad you (and Alan) are finally getting some credit for building such a high-end DRIVER. The Riddler is nice, but doesn't lend itself to the open road or track days. You know you have a REAL car when you know the tires will wear out. :hail:

Bob Johnson
06-21-2006, 07:04 PM
what a difference a year makes

jeff s
06-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I thought that was legal down there?

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

F70t/a
06-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I thought that was legal down there?

haha I think she is. I seen girls getting married at 17 in texas when I was out there for work.

anyways I have another question for sexy man bob. What is the total height of the cuda (from roof)?

69rs
06-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah...her Dad is a regular here, so be careful how you say it. Although I think I called her "hot" in another thread and so far no one has come to visit me at the house yet. :lmao:
"yet"

Bob Johnson
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
haha I think she is. I seen girls getting married at 17 in texas when I was out there for work.

anyways I have another question for sexy man bob. What is the total height of the cuda (from roof)?
can't remember for sure but I think it was around 48"..no more than 51"..that is at ride height with 5" of ground clearance

Bob Johnson
06-22-2006, 06:13 PM
"yet"
I'm going to take your father position and let you handout bullshi* for Howell..like Allstate..in good hands..lol

69rs
06-23-2006, 02:40 AM
can't remember for sure but I think it was around 48"..no more than 51"..that is at ride height with 5" of ground clearance
The Cuda is shorter than the distance to the top of Bob's belly when he's laying down! :lmao: