PDA

View Full Version : My review of the new Marquez 69 Billet side marker bezels

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Well since I was one of the first ones to get these I thought I would toss out an objective review.. :)

At first one might think that $79 is a lot for the box you get (ie. small) but the bezels are VERY well milled.. they not only fit inside the fender marker holes but they fit the shape of the car well also.

Installed:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

A couple of things I found..

1. these work, look and fit MUCH MUCH MUCH better without the rubber gasket.. the gasket just didn't conform right and it caused a gap between the bezel and the reflector lens.. Without the gasket the bezel fits very tight to the body and the lens.. I cant imagine that much water would get in there.. and if it did so what? I suppose one could use a bead of silicone if they were concerned..

2. lots of hardware is supplied.. this includes small studs.. well they are really just bolts with the head cut off.. You need to be creative to use these since the threads on only one side are usable. I put on the nut, the lock and the washer first then used the same good end to screw into the bezel (while installing all together).. then I tightened down the nut. Its easy to do but complicated to explain..

Overall i'm VERY happy with the product.. they are subtle but really clean up the look of the markers.

Now he just needs to hurry up with the driving/signal front lights!!! :bananna2:

Oh, new updated pics.. I have the cut up hands to prove I installed all my dynamat (roof, floor, doors, quarters.. 72sqft!!)... also have the bumpers and stuff on the car..

See the updates here (and the billet tail lights as well) :)
http://www.z069.us/69/Final_Assembly/Final_Assembly.htm

Nine Ball
10-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Wow, its looking like a complete car now! Good job Steve. Also, what kind of headlights are those and where can I find them?

camcojb
10-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the review Steve. I have the correct length stud coming tomorrow so there will be no more cutting of the threads which can make it difficult to get the nut started. Mine worked fine, but I know what you're talking about.

Jody

will69camaro
10-25-2004, 08:50 AM
That looks very nice. I would also like to know what kinda headlights those are, i like the look. I cant wait until i'm able to place an order with Marquez design.

William

Midwest Performance
10-25-2004, 09:03 AM
The head lights look to be DSE bright driver.
Bright driver (http://www.detroitspeed.com/Headlights10.html)

Kevin

Stuart Adams
10-25-2004, 09:35 AM
The markers and taillights are both awesome. For another picture of them on a car see ALUMN8R project pictures. A must have IMO.

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, its looking like a complete car now! Good job Steve. Also, what kind of headlights are those and where can I find them?

Yea, it is huh! :woot:

So many damn parts.. it hard to remember how to put them back on..

The headlights are from DSE.. the lenses are a polycarbonate.. they should be nice and bright..

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 02:09 PM
The markers and taillights are both awesome. For another picture of them on a car see ALUMN8R project pictures. A must have IMO.

Yea, the taillights rock as well.. I have the modern ones:

Hey Jody.. were these designed to use the gasket?? If not there should be a little note put in the bag o' parts :)

And is there an ETA on the driving lights/signals??

camcojb
10-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Yea, the taillights rock as well.. I have the modern ones:

Hey Jody.. were these designed to use the gasket?? If not there should be a little note put in the bag o' parts :)

And is there an ETA on the driving lights/signals??

Steve,

I didn't use the gaskets either, and most do not. Wouldn't hurt to put a note in there, that's a good idea. The driving lights are very close.

Jody

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Steve,

I didn't use the gaskets either, and most do not. Wouldn't hurt to put a note in there, that's a good idea. The driving lights are very close.

Jody

Keep me posted.. I want the FIRST batch :) -- im not even gonna bother to wire in the stockers..

will69camaro
10-25-2004, 03:25 PM
I just looked at the driving lights and i think i'll want those as well...LOL they need to stop making stuff or i'll never have any money saved...

Everything looks awesome!

William

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I just looked at the driving lights and i think i'll want those as well...LOL they need to stop making stuff or i'll never have any money saved...

Everything looks awesome!

William

Where did you see the driving lights???

:postpics:

camcojb
10-25-2004, 04:22 PM
There aren't any pics of the new ones yet; they're not machined. There is a mockup unit on his website but that will change slightly in production. The ones on his brothers car on the site aren't exactly the way the new ones are either. The new units are a cleaner install and the beams are adjustable.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/10/69runninglight1-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/10/69runninglight2-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/10/69runninglight4-1.jpg

Jody

will69camaro
10-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Yea those are the pics i saw on lateral-g.net. I just went to marquez and went searching for info on them and found my way to a link to them. If they're a cleaner install and are adjustable that just makes them that much cooler. I cant wait to see the finished product. Make sure to keep us updated :bananna2:

William

Steve1968LS2
10-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Hey Jody.. I will slip you a few buck to make sure I get the first production set.. :D

Them are nice.. I MUST HAVE!!! (Picture Homer Simpson and donuts..)

camcojb
10-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey, I get the first set!!!!!!! :jump: Just kidding; I'll post as soon as they're available.

Jody

Rick Dorion
10-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Are we talking about using gaskets on the tail lights? I did and it wasn't difficult or troublesome. And I used the better gaskets, not the sponge rubber type! I love them. Can't wait for more products including the flush mount side markers ( hint, hint!). Thanks for all the info, Jody.

Nine Ball
10-26-2004, 05:39 AM
So, will there be a complete package deal on these billet lights when the driving lights become available?

Any pricing estimates on the driving lights?

Steve1968LS2
10-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Are we talking about using gaskets on the tail lights? I did and it wasn't difficult or troublesome. And I used the better gaskets, not the sponge rubber type! I love them. Can't wait for more products including the flush mount side markers ( hint, hint!). Thanks for all the info, Jody.

No.. we were talking about the gaskets for the stock side-marker bezels.. the taillight gaskets are fine to use :)

XcYZ
10-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Tony, nothing yet. We leaked the design pictures so people would know what's on the horizon - letting people know that there is A LOT more in store. There are even more exterior pieces in development, and Pascual also wants to get into the interior. Many, many good things to come.

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-28-2004, 04:55 PM
They Looked Good To Me When I Received Mine ...no Trouble At All With The Hardware But Of Course Im Super Human Lol ...but I Do Believe It Was A Good Price For What You Get...i Mean You Could Argue The Same Way For Some Control Arms That Take 10 Dollars To Make But Cost 700 Lol ...but Its All About The Idea

Steve1968LS2
10-28-2004, 09:03 PM
They Looked Good To Me When I Received Mine ...no Trouble At All With The Hardware But Of Course Im Super Human Lol ...but I Do Believe It Was A Good Price For What You Get...i Mean You Could Argue The Same Way For Some Control Arms That Take 10 Dollars To Make But Cost 700 Lol ...but Its All About The Idea

Trust me.. I think they were worth every penny :) Then again I paid almost $200 for my billet LS1 badges so im a little nuts anyways..

Im dying for the driving lights.. i hate to put the stockers in .. even temporarily..

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-29-2004, 06:39 PM
may i see how your billet ss badges look.......ooo weee now im wondering how much are those front lights gonna cost lol....i guess is time to stop rejecting overtime ....your car came out great Steve for some reason it looks a little bit lighter ...is it me or its the sunlight ?