PDA

View Full Version : Mega Squirt Controllers

Bigblue73
06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Does anyone have any feedback or advise using this system for fuel injection? I am not well versed on the aftermarket control of EFI system, so any help is appreciated. I looking at the Promax Carb EFI conversion. It seems like a nice set-up for my application. I'm planning on a hidden system inside of a supercharger bonnet (totally enclosed).

Thanks -

V8bug
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I am running a megasquirt II on my tpi inducted 283 sbc. It is controlling both fuel and spark via a 8pin hei small cap distributor. I like the system very much, my engine is running very well right now (after about a full tank of gas worth of tuning) The largest downfall I can think of the the fact that you have to wire it. although with a relay board it makes things easier. But once it is wired you can have the pride that you did it yourself!!!

Tuning was very frusterating at first but became easier as I learned more. The megasquirt.info site has about all the info you need and msefi.com can help when you are really stuck. Other good things about the system is the constant updating of the software, both tuning software and the embeded code in the megasquirt itself.

If you are looking for a system that will slap together and run in a weekend, it might not be for you (although it is possible).

I am happy with it so far, especialy since I dont even have $1000 in my total efi setup (that includes tpi intake, fuel pump, MSII realy board,wires...)

maldo
12-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I am running a megasquirt II on my tpi inducted 283 sbc. It is controlling both fuel and spark via a 8pin hei small cap distributor. I like the system very much, my engine is running very well right now (after about a full tank of gas worth of tuning) The largest downfall I can think of the the fact that you have to wire it. although with a relay board it makes things easier. But once it is wired you can have the pride that you did it yourself!!!

Tuning was very frusterating at first but became easier as I learned more. The megasquirt.info site has about all the info you need and msefi.com can help when you are really stuck. Other good things about the system is the constant updating of the software, both tuning software and the embeded code in the megasquirt itself.

If you are looking for a system that will slap together and run in a weekend, it might not be for you (although it is possible).

I am happy with it so far, especialy since I dont even have $1000 in my total efi setup (that includes tpi intake, fuel pump, MSII realy board,wires...)

do you have pictures of your set up thx

MonzaRacer
01-01-2009, 09:01 AM
And some of the good features are you can setup to run as a Flex fuel setup (remember e85 has 105 octane) and you can buy ir apart and build it your self or go through say www.diyautotune.com for a fully assembled and tested unit.
But if you build it your self you can learn to repair it and parts are available from digikey if you blow parts up.
And you can tune for many different types of sensors and such.
Due to its adjustability it can use a mix of brands of sensors.
My intentions are to use it and the LT1 intake I have and swap in e85 compatible injectors and tada dual fuel capable.
OH and unless you blow up the processor the grand total for replacement parts might be $85-$100 for every part inside and any good local electronics tech should be able to repair it for cheap if you dont trust your own soldering/testing skills.
Good Luck

Roadbuster
01-01-2009, 10:31 AM

I have been looking at this for a while. I like the idea and at less than $1K it is attractive. More stuff to play with!

Jon

68Formula
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
do you have pictures of your set up thx

Don't hold your breath. He hasn't been online since March 2007.

maldo
01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Don't hold your breath. He hasn't been online since March 2007.

wow i did not even look at the date on that :slap: i sure feel like a dope