PDA

View Full Version : Street Challenge Autocross at Nashville Goodguys event

bret
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Air Ride Technologies is hosting the first Street Challenge Autocross at the Nashville Goodguys event on June 23 and 24. The Street Challenge Autocross is open to any Goodguys participant [the Nashville show is for '72 and older vehicles] with any kind of suspension. We're giving a trophy and a set of BF Goodrich tires to the fastest Street Rod [48 and older] and the fastest Musclecar [everything else].
Officially [according to the IRS and my CFO] this is a promotional event for Air Ride Technologies. Unofficially...I'll use ANY excuse to drive the hell out of my junk. We're bringing my 70 GSX, my wife's 67 Camaro, a 66 Chevelle, a 68 Bonneville, a 56 F100 truck [yes, the one with the Mustang II frontend] a 66 Nova, and a 71 Camaro. The guys from Year One have said they will be there with several cars as well. Several of the magazine guys have promised to show up to see if they can trash any of my stuff.
There is no charge for participation [other than entering the Goodguys event]. I've grown tired of sitting around in a lawn chair watching the posers make noise...time to make some real noise. Come on out and have fun. We are running the autocross from 8:00am to 5:00pm Friday and Saturday. I talked to a bunch of people at the Power Tour and at Goodguys Indy last weekend about this...lots of interest...we'll see who shows up. Hope to see you there!