PDA

View Full Version : Big block front and rear springs question.

darthvegagt
06-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Hello,
I am in the process of swapping out the stock 6 cyl/powerglide in my 69 camaro to a 454/TH400. I would like to know what springs I should change to when going with the big block? I want a 2" drop all around but am looking at pretty much stock suspension. I would to build a very nice riding street car. Something that I can put my wife and 1 year old daughter in and cruise. Should I just install BBC A/C front springs and multi-leaf rear springs?? If so, how many leafs for the rear springs, and what sring rate # for the fronts??? thanks for all your help. Jordan

I already have a 4 wheel power disc brake upgrade kit, and 18" wheels and tires. So I am trying to get all the suspension squared away before installing it all. thanks

MrQuick
06-13-2006, 10:15 PM
For a good ride just go with the Moog replacement stuff. Go BBC no AC for a lower ride but you may have to adjust the springs after driving on them a few hundred miles. Eibach, Hotchkis and Edelbrock offer replacments but the ride might be harsh to some.

EFI69Cam
06-14-2006, 04:44 AM
I had the hotchkis BBC springs with my 454 4l80e combo. The ride was firm, but not harsh with edelbrock shocks.

The stock type BBC springs bottomed out real easily, and there are a couple big scrapes on the bottom of my headers. If you want to use long tube headers, don't use stock type springs.