PDA

View Full Version : the most funniest thing happend tonight..

muthstryker
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
well to start i work for a company that builds and sells custom houses, well we just had our electricians wire one of our houses and when they where gone we started to notice someone was cuting wire out and stealing it a little at a time, well me and my dad hid across the street of one of our other houses and we watched the guys do it a couple times then i came up with the idea to stick a roll of copper up thru the floor and hook a car battery up to it. well we did it. we hid in the crawlspace and waited, couple minutes passed by and 2 guys showed up walked around the house and one grabbed the coil of copper and all we heard was a high pitched scream and i started laughin so hard when they ran out the house and drove off it was the funniest thing i think ive ever heard. well just thought id tell ya guys what a great night i had and to never steal wire from the wrong people hahaha damn crack heads..

Beegs
06-10-2006, 04:14 AM
That is AWESOME!!!

dogtag
06-10-2006, 05:56 AM
I don't get it? I can put both hands on the positive and negitive terminals of a 12 volt battery and not get a noticeable shock.
Why did the guy scream?
Wazzup wid dat?

muthstryker
06-10-2006, 11:07 AM
how do you not get shocked? if you take to srips of copper wire and put them on the battery terminals and touch the tips of the wire together you can see the electrical current.. are you touching them at the same time?

TonyL
06-10-2006, 11:27 AM
theres a difference between AMPS and current(voltage). touch both sides of a battery it wont shock you. Sorry.

"Although a car battery has enough amperage (electrical power) to kill you, it doesn't have enough voltage (electrical force -- to push the electrons through your body) to do the job. Your body is just not conductive enough to be fried by 12 volts."

rolltide
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
No possibility of electrical shock. Serious possibility of spark.

dogtag
06-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, if it makes more sense, I went out to the shop and got my multi meter and put it on "ohms" and measured the resistance between my thumb and fore finger on my left hand to the same on my right hand.
According to the meter, I provide 270,000 ohms of resistance to the flow of current, assuming a 50,000 ohms per volt multimeter.
If this is true and we use the Ohms law formula to calculate current flow then,

I= E/R
Where I = current in amps
Where E= Voltage in Volts
and where R= resistance in ohms.

12 volts divided by 270,000 Ohms equals .000044 amps

Total power consumed in watts is:

Voltage squared divided by resistance in ohms.
12 volts squared is 144 divided by
270,000 ohms or:
.000533 watts or,
Not enough to electrocute a gold fish.

Now, touching a piece of 10 gague wire between two battery posts
would render it white hot in about two seconds.

two feet of #10 tin alloy= about .02 ohms and the source a 12v car battery.

I=E/R or
12 volts divided by .02 ohms = 600 ampers or
12 volts X 600 amps = 7200 watts.

That is alot of snort!!

There could be a surprise factor there, perhaps.

Blown353
06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
LOL.

On a similar note, a few years ago someone broke into my grandmothers garage and stole her lawnmower and a couple other tools because the back door didn't lock. Rather than fix the door, I had some fun: I ran 240V from the sub panel to the bottom of the doorknob. I built up an epoxy coating on the doorknob for insulation and drilled two small holes in the bottom of it. I then ran the two legs of the 240 line to the bottom of the knob, stripped the wires, hid the bare ends of them underneath and left them about 1/4" apart-- so if you grabbed the knob you would complete the circuit. That night at about 2 am she heard a very loud scream and came out with the Mossberg 12 gauge. She found the SOB that lived 4 houses down still nursing his poor hand. Guess where the cops found the lawnmower...

One thing to watch out for in your story (and mine): you are really opening yourself up to a lawsuit, especially here in CA.

chicane67
06-11-2006, 01:38 AM
[lol=on]

:hah:

.......There's a difference between AMP's and current(voltage).

Tony.... you need more sleep or more beer. Ok, how about both.

There is also a major difference between current and voltage. :screwy:

"Current" is the flow of electric charge past a given point in an electric circuit. The SI base unit of electric current is the Ampere.

"Voltage" is a potential difference between two points. The SI base unit of electric voltage is the volt.

So yes, there is a difference between an Ampere, current and voltage. Current and voltage are physical while an ampere is merely a quantifiable measure of the physical.

And lastly, "Resistance". The measure of the degree to which an object opposes the passage of an electric current. The SI base unit of resistance is the Ohm.

These three physical quanities are what Ohm's law is based upon.

Generally DC voltages below 50 volts are not considered dangerous, and those above are potentially dangerous. There is no shock hazard from the battery in a car, but it can still be dangerous if it is banged around, connected to something that can not handle its power, or shorted out.

:poke:

[lol=off]

muthstryker
06-11-2006, 03:13 AM
it doesnt give you a deadly shock, more of a quick zap but when you arnt expecting it its like woah. just like those pens when you click it, it zaps you. loved those in school..

Madspeed
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Ill just say I aint buyin what your sellin =)

Post that on a ford site they might be dumb enough to buy it :getout:

muthstryker
06-11-2006, 07:20 PM
mmk