PDA

View Full Version : Accel 300+ Connection

Dadms
10-23-2004, 03:15 PM
I have an Accel Gen 6 DFI and recently purchased an Accel 300+ ignition system. I bought the universal one because thats what the tech at Accel said I needed. My Gen 6 DFI has two different connectors going to the distributor housing. One goes to the DFI computer, and the other is a 2 wire connector which goes to the original external coil. When I connect the 300+ according to the schematic, and use the new high output coil which came with the system, there is no provision or information regarding the 2 wire connector going to the distributor. I have tried starting the motor with it disconnected and there is no fire. When I go back and reconnect the old coil without the 300+, everything works fine. My question: Are the 2 wires going to the distributor needed with the 300+? If so, where do they connect? I've downloaded every schematic I can find, and there is no information on this. You would think that Accel would make a custom wiring harness to match up their DFI, with their own ignition system!
If you are knowledgeable about connecting this system, I would greatly appreciate the help.