PDA

View Full Version : Calling all MOPAR guys! Adj. tubular suspension arms?

Marcus SC&C
10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
We`ve been looking into offering a new line of adj. tubular upper suspension arms for Mopar A,B,and E body cars. They would be steel, gold irridite plated with dual knurled adjustment sleeves just like the cataloged versions we sell made by Pole Position Racing and would be made largely from PPR components. Bushings would be high durometer/low deflection rubber and they would accept Chry. screw in style ball joints. These arms would allow much more alignment adjustment than is normally possible with the factory adjustment method. They`d be great for lowered cars or track days.

A Street Comp Stage 1 package would also be offered. This would include the adj. tubular arms and a set of modular tall stud ball joints which will raise the roll center height and improve the camber curves. Think of the effect as the Mopar equivalent to the Guldstrand mod for early Camaros or the Shelby mod for `64-`65 Mustangs. The prototypes have been built and fitted and the geometry worked out both by computer and on test vehicles. We`re trying to decide if there`ll be enough interest to merit putting them into production. If anyone`s interested drop me a line at [email protected] or post here. Thanks! Marcus

Speed Raycer
11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Have you asked over on moparts.com?

There's also a mopar Auto-x/Roadrace discussion group on Yahoo called Mopax.

You might get more responses there.

Marcus SC&C
11-02-2004, 06:24 PM
I`ll check over there. I haven`t gotten a very impressive response here, a few e-mails but not enough to justify production so far. Marcus

Flynlo416
11-02-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't know what your price range is but Magnumforce and Big Block Dart make some quality pieces for A, B and E body cars. I myself have Magnumforces complete tubed frontend on my 72 Challenger Rallye and couldn't be happier with their product.

Marcus SC&C
11-04-2004, 07:10 PM
The price range would be comparable. The difference is that our arms are fully adjustable which will allow a much larger range of adjustment especially in lowered cars. Just as or more importantly we would be offering them with tall stud modular ball joints that change the camber curves and RC height in a way very similar to the popular Guldstrand mod used on 1st gen Camaros. We refer to this combo as our Street Comp Stage 1 package. Marcus