PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best street/strip spark plugs

LoPro67
06-04-2006, 10:32 AM
I have purchased the MSD Digital 7 Programmable (PN 7530T) ignition box, MSD Pro Power HVC coil (PN 8251), Taylor 409 Pro Race wires (PN 79227) and the MSD Pro Billet Distibutor (PN 85551).

What is the best performance plug I can use for hard street driving and occasional strip racing.

383 sbc with digital fuel injection and direct port nitrous

Thanks in advance.

chicane67
06-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Champion race plugs (http://www.federal-mogul.com/aftermarket/us/Champion_raceplug.htm?Country=USA&NumIm=6)

Cheatin'Chad
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I've had nothing but great results with NGK Iridium plugs.Off the top of my head I have probably installed 40 sets of NGK plugs in GENIII powered vehicles over the last 2.5 years. Never a single problem with them.

I ran 3 10lb bottles on one set (TR8IX) with a 250 wet shot of nitrous.No problems as far as the plugs went.

I used TR6IX @150 an lower on the spray and they worked great for daily driving. My LS1 powered 1998 TransAm came stock with a (TR)55 Heat Range and the (TR)6 is one range colder.

They DEFINITELY wear better. That's a direct result of Iridium being a much more durable material.

In most cases you can just add an IX to the end of your regular NGK part number to get the iridium plug.

MonzaRacer
11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
AC Delco Rapid fire.
As for Champions i wouldnt put those in my worst enemys rusted out farm truck.
Everythime I put them in an engine for customer we have running problems,, pure cheap ass junk.
And in my opinion anAutolite is a nxt on my S#@t list for screwing up good engines.
The Iridiums work well if under boost, too.
I have used AC's and NGK/Nippondenso's with no problems, my third choice are Bosch Platinum 4's.
I have even had better luck with Bosch Supers than Champions and Autolites.
Just my honest professional opinion.
Lee Abel
AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE