PDA

View Full Version : New LS1 Intake (from old site)

chicane67
08-16-2004, 10:11 AM
RADLARK
(8/12/04 10:31 pm)
Reply New LS1 intake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen, not sure if you are aware of our new intake, but it is designed to be used with the LS1 (4.8/5.3/6.0) motor to install it into a car and utilize a carb and eliminate the need for the computer and harness! with the intake and our cam using our carb we mad 414 HP and 410ft/lbs of torque! Not sure if you all were aware of it, it is a great alternative to trying to figure everything out, but hey thats half the fun of a PT car right?

Edelbrock
www.edelbrock.com

chicane67
(8/12/04 10:42 pm)
Reply | Edit Re: New LS1 intake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You deserve a Klink for this one.

p067.ezboard.com/fprotour...D=68.topic

BTW, is Gary still over in suspension ??

Edited by: chicane67 at: 8/12/04 10:44 pm

RADLARK
(8/13/04 7:44 am)
Reply Exact specs (correction)
Gentlemaen this is a caption right out of our catalog:

This powerful new manifold is designed for the popular Chevrolet LS1 (5.7L) small-block V8 originally used in 1997 and later Corvettes and 1998-02 Camaros and Firebirds. It also fits the Corvette LS6 engine and any other Gen III engine including the LM7 (5.3L), LR4 (4.8L), and LQ4 (6.0L). It allows the use of a carburetor on these originally computer-controlled engines, offering maximum power and a broad torque curve from 1500 to 6500 rpm. This manifold made 410 hp and 418 ft/lbs. of torque in dyno tests with our matching cam #2215 and Performer Series carb #1413. The Performer RPM LS1 includes a wiring harness and unique electronic Timing Control Module made by MSDŽ which works with OE sensors to fire the coil-on-plug ignition system and offers a choice of three timing curves. A special throttle and trans bracket that works with 700R-4 and Turbo 350 transmissions is included, making the LS1 engine an easy retro-fit into any muscle car, street rod or marine application.

carbuff
(8/13/04 9:06 am)
Reply .
How much of an improvement were the 410hp/418ft-lb over the stock setup? Or is this more a convenience option than a performance one?

Just wondering, not knocking the product...

Bryan

jeffandre
(8/13/04 11:53 am)
Reply I was wondering about the carb thing...
Interesting, I saw the cover headline about a carb on the LS-1 and wondered what was up. For my needs it may be the best setup allowing me to use my existing fuel system as is. I look forward to seeing how this unfolds over the coming months.

Jeff Andre'

Ralph L
(8/13/04 11:57 am)
Re: I was wondering about the carb thing...
What are the cam specs, was the 414hp on an engine dyno, or was it to the wheels?
Ralph
Project Fantom Expected Completion - May 2005
My Tahoe - "Black Mamba"
Rendering of Project Fantom

Zefhix
(8/13/04 1:34 pm)
Reply ...
Ralph....info is here:
www.edelbrock.com/automot...y_ls1.html

Ralph L
(8/13/04 2:16 pm)
Re: ...
Thanks, Zefhix.

For those interested it looks like the cam is a 220/224. That's a small - medium sized LS1 cam. Intake looks pretty cool.
Ralph
Project Fantom Expected Completion - May 2005
My Tahoe - "Black Mamba"
Rendering of Project Fantom

gchandle
Local user
(8/13/04 6:10 pm)
Re: ...
how much for the whole thing including spark box and where do i buy it?
Geoff

www.hotrodhomepage.com

James D
(8/13/04 6:32 pm)
Reply .
summit has the whole thing for $699

chicane67
(8/14/04 8:32 pm)
Reply | Edit Re: .
"Radlark".....explain to us, just whom you are.

gchandle
Local user
(8/14/04 11:49 pm)
Reply Edel
Probably a marketing guy for edelbrock, since I exposed him I think that should get a free manifold and spark box. Don't you all agree?

RADLARK
(8/15/04 11:40 am)
Reply Mystery Man Revealed!
Yes I do work for Edelbrock
No, I am not in the marketing Dept.
I am in the technical department, I am the guy you speak to or I answer your emails, or I am one of the guys you would speak with on the trailer at a show to help solve the issues. I have to say this a pretty cool job, GChandle, you were sooooooo close in soling but noe cigar! LOL I am alos the same guy who built the 57 "Wicked Rides Belair"! I also met Brent Dupont at the California Autofest (great guy), and also Pascual Marquez (another great guy). Working at Edelbrock is a blast, and at the same time I still have time to build and help out at my shop Wicked Rides in Ontario, Ca so if you guys have any questions regarding any thing shoot them at me don't mind helping out a fellow PT'r.

Edelbrock
www.edelbrock.com

chicane67
(8/15/04 12:59 pm)
Reply | Edit Re: Mystery Man Revealed!
So 'technical' me this.....

With your/MSD electronics unit, are you going to have the ability to create custom ignition curves for the LS1/LS6 set-up
?? I know that there are six available curves as we speak, but what if they don't fall within specific performance guidelines?? Also do you know if Edelbrock is throwing around the idea of a similar Super Victor set-up for the LS1/LS6??

I also have a few questions concerning the Quickdata. First, I would like to know more about your TK-4 TC converter, specifically its conditioning. Next I would like to know the resolution of the pressure transducers.....or who is it that you use to supply your pressure transducers (than I can bug them instead)?? Also, do you have a single channel accelerometer beside the two internal?? And last but not least, what fittings and type are included in the TC kits and is there a kit number for eight of them in a package??

I do understand that you will most likely have to refer me to some of your in-house engineers to answer some of these questions, which is fine, because we at ATS need technical engineering contacts at Edelbrock. My last was Gary Nielson, over in suspension, but I haven't spoken to him in awhile.....and don't even know if he is still with the company.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards....

**Edit for grammer

Edited by: chicane67 at: 8/15/04 1:00 pm

RADLARK
(8/15/04 1:28 pm)
Reply Q & A
Chicane,

1. The system already comes with 3 modules (others can be obtained through MSD direct) Keep in mind this is a unit that MSD has made specifically for us, using the parameters that we issued to them. Special customization curves can be obtained through MSD.

2. We are not entertaining the thought of the Super Victor setup for LS1/LS6....but we are desigining intakes to be used for the:
BBC (396-502)
Ford (289-302 and also the 351
BBP (389-455 super victor) also the 326-455 victor
to be used with fuel injection, we also have the fuel rails and throttle bodies.

As for this line of questioning:
I also have a few questions concerning the Quickdata. First, I would like to know more about your TK-4 TC converter, specifically its conditioning. Next I would like to know the resolution of the pressure transducers.....or who is it that you use to supply your pressure transducers (than I can bug them instead)?? Also, do you have a single channel accelerometer beside the two internal?? And last but not least, what fittings and type are included in the TC kits and is there a kit number for eight of them in a package??.

Contact Terry at [email protected], he is the resident guru for the Qwikdata information. Sorry I couldn't help you on this.

ATS???
American tire Supply
Diesel Performance Products
Advance Theraml Soulutions

Which is it?

Zefhix
(8/15/04 2:25 pm)
Reply funny...
I wrote both MSD and Edlebrock about the timing curve chip and edlebrock got back to me in two days (very cool) and I never heard from MSD ever. Tried again with same results so apparently their emailing dept. is not up to par. i'm having a custom cam ground and wanted to get the right chip to optimize my application. Edlebrock informed me that the 6 chips would be fine for any application since the chips were very "general". I'll have to find the email for you RADLARK. So do you have anyone at MSD you could refer me/us to just so I can find out for sure. Also, thatnks for sending me the .pdf instructions on the install. It was much appreciated!!!
-Keith

chicane67
(8/15/04 2:47 pm)
Reply | Edit Re: Q & A
Interesting..... Trying to get any information from MSD is like pulling teeth from a six month old child. One, they don't have any teeth, two, they cry constantly when asked technical questions. Do you have any MSD contacts specifically for this system?? That may weed out the idiots at MSD that try to impress the majority with useless rhetoric and unfounded product information.

Thank you for the POC concerning the Quickdata, the direction is very much appreciated.

ATS.....American Touring Specialties

We (but point your finger at Tyler and don't quote me on this) are a Design, Research and Development company which provides solutions for the adaptation of late model technology, into early model vehicles. We also provide the installation and configuration of all associated components, from specific street associated restorations to full blown road race cars. Our product line mainly consists of 'kits' that are all inclusive and contain components made from our own in-house services as well as from the most respected companies in the business.

One of our current projects is the installation of, roughly a 600 HP carbureted LS6 into a first generation Camaro to include a T-56 gearbox. The integration of various Edelbrock products is something we are considering. Discrete product technical support from most companies is relatively hard to come by, and any help would benefit all.

RADLARK
(8/15/04 4:53 pm)
Reply ATS!!
Okay I know who you guys are!! You and I have a mutual friend, John McBride he designed the body kit for 50/50! He also did the rendering for my "RADLARK". Love the analogy of the tooth pulling LMAO! I will assist in the POC for MSD. Definitely willing to assist you gentlemen in any way I can.