PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had to swap pedal assemblies going from auto pedals to T56 setup?

Flyboy
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, my 67 was originally an auto tranny car, hence the lack of a clutch pedal. This is a problem since i'm going to have an LT1/T56 setup in the car. Has anyone else gone from auto to a manual tranny and had to swap out the pedal assemblies? I need to know what the new assembly was that they used, roughly what it cost, and pictures would be absolutely teriffic too. :)

Yes, I know there's a thread about pedals right below this one, but he was on a little bit different topic, and I don't like hijacking other peoples' threads.

Any help is appreciated! :cheers:

HILROD
10-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Most parts houses sell pedals. You can swap them fairly easily. Depending on what trans you use you might need belcrank and linkage also availabale new. FRANK

chevymike
10-22-2004, 06:18 AM
I just did this when I swapped in a TKO-600. I bought the pedal kit from Rick's First Gen. It's basically a pair of pedals, bushings and the clip to hold them in. You need to buy the pedal pads for them. They also sell a linkage kit which gives you all the rods, Z bar, studs and bracket. I got that with my tranny kit when I ordered it. I also used the Speed Direct rod kit that uses hiem joints to connect the pedals and Z bar. Everything is an easy swap. Hope this helps.

Flyboy
10-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Just out of sheer curiosity, I wonder if anyone has ever transplanted a fly-by-wire Vette gas pedal setup in to another car? Hmmm... wonder if you could do that on an LT1 first gen....