PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Power windows

68lovebuzz
05-30-2006, 04:25 PM
I was looking through classic industries' catalog and saw that they offered power window kits through a company called Electric-Life power windows. Anyone ever tried this product? I am replacing the doors and glass in my car very soon and would probably need to replace my regulators as well. Any thoughts on this? Seems that it might be the way to go if I'm replacing anyway...

Thanks all,

Brian

John McIntire
05-30-2006, 04:49 PM
I have the electric life conversion kit, but got it from Jegs. I havent had a chance to wire them up yet, since I'm at different stages right now with my car, but I have bolted them in and the fit real nice and use factory holes!!!
I hooked them up directly to a battery, and they function nice nd smoothly and quietly!

ZZ430
05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
They work and fit very well.

I've used them in a few different vehicles with great success, including my 67 Camaro convertible, and my daily driver Chevy truck.

Fast/quiet/smooth.

68lovebuzz
05-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys for the input. Power windows it is!:firefire:

-Brian

ProdigyCustoms
05-31-2006, 04:21 AM
We sell a lot of these set ups at GP SuperStore. They work great, and BTW, if you bought at Jegs, you paid to much.

John McIntire
05-31-2006, 02:35 PM
I love how every one chimes in after the fact you bought something that you paid too much for it, like that guy who sells aluminum radiators at 15% less than Ron Davis.

ProdigyCustoms
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe thoose radiators would not be Ron Davis though. That may be the difference. Check us first next time for whatever you need, we'll see if we can save you some money.

69Lowbird
05-31-2006, 10:27 PM
From what I've been told, Eletric Life also makes power window assemblies for OE manufacturers in addition to the aftermarket. They have a good warranty as well. I Installed a set in someones 65 mustang and they worked great.

68lovebuzz
05-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey Frank,

No worries, I havn't ordered yet. I will probably ask you though when it comes time. Thanks again everyone for chiming in :twothumbs

John McIntire
06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe thoose radiators would not be Ron Davis though. That may be the difference. Check us first next time for whatever you need, we'll see if we can save you some money.

cool, will do