PDA

View Full Version : Center Dash Vent??

awr68
05-28-2006, 02:58 PM
My car wasn't a factory AC car, but I am installing a VA system. I bought a OER center air vent/bezel and there isn't anything to hold the vent inside the bezel, am I missing a couple retainers or something?? Man this VA install isn't going as I hoped!!

Marty G Cars
05-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Exactly the same problem I had! Again I had to call Rick's 1st Gen because I found out in their catalog they sometimes have in stock good used center vent ductwork. They had one and I bought it. It has attachment holes where the center chrome bezel bolts up to it. Then you will use the oval to round adapter piece that came with your kit to which the flex hose will then attach. I also had to trim some pieces of felt to shim the chrome vent because it flopped all over the place. Good luck!

awr68
05-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I think I have a newer VA center duct piece as it goes directly to the chrome bezel and then the hose off that...no need for the stock center duct work.

I have it all installed now and am happy with everything short of still needing to do the felt trick to retain the vent in the bezel.

Thanks!!