PDA

View Full Version : Found my dreamcar...

Martin71RS
10-20-2004, 10:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6161&item=2496334643&rd=1

can't afford it but whishing I could.......
This one is amazing in my book!

Martin

CliffS
10-20-2004, 10:55 PM
I second that, sweet car!

Rubes
10-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Jump on that!!! How can anyone put a car laike that on there and NOT have a reserve? My only guess is he's got friends pumping up the bids. Would you spend over 100k building a car, and then 4 months after its finished sell it for 12K??

Anyway, it is a nice ride, except for the stereo.

sunkistcamaro
10-21-2004, 05:38 AM
I love the interior!
I was going to try my skills at making alum. grill just like that....

apex69
10-21-2004, 08:47 AM
PHR, doing a story on this one?

justanova
10-21-2004, 11:29 AM
:hail: :jawdrop: :seizure: :worship:

ZZ430
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Lots of work in that one.

If I had to split hairs, I'd say the engine compartment could use some more detail.

Air Daddy
10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
That car is a local here. It sounds as good as it looks.
It was a lavender color a year or so back. Looks much better black.
I'm sure SW ( Streetking ) knows the owner.

ProdigyCustoms
10-21-2004, 12:54 PM
I like the car. The exhaust through the quarter is cool, but I think I would cut the pipe at the same angle as the panel to make it dissapear, or use a chrome outlet like the use on side exhaust thru hull boats. HATE the fuel filler location though. Absolutly ruins in for me.
Dash looks cool.

TonyL
10-21-2004, 04:02 PM
d'oh. his server is "farked" i guess too many people have been lookin today

TitoJones
10-21-2004, 05:36 PM
I like the wide body design.

It seems to me they spent most of the money on the interior and bodywork. For that caliber of car, it should have a bit better suspension system in it.

I also would not drive with a NOS bottle behind my head either.

Tyler

Zefhix
10-21-2004, 10:30 PM
The cars screams styling from a 69 Charger........I agree with Tyler. For the caliber and money spent I would expect more. Also, I also agree that the engine compartment could use a little more something different...even a molded engine cover could set it off. The engine looks very safe and doesn't match the 'creativity' (I use the term lightly) that went into the rest of the car. On a whole though, I kindof dug the alter-ego sorta design of the car. Nice car.......

protour_chevelle
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
The car is good from far but far from good. Very rough around the edges. Small things like trunk latch not looking new is a sign to lack of detail and thought going into the build. Under the hood the wiring is sloppy, wire covering isn't even cut to length etc.

Not how I would build a car for sure!,...That is of course if I had the money! I'll cut corners when I safely can:D

-Matt

Noel67
10-22-2004, 05:09 PM
That's my buddy Rafik's car. Very well done. Air Daddy's right, it was lavender at one time.

Noel

will69camaro
10-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Looks pretty interesting but not exactly my style. Interior/stereo is a bit much, wide body seems a little extreme for the setup, big block that probably doesn't get that great gas mileage (factor for me as my car will be a primary form of transportation). Lots of time and money went into that car and it looks wild for sure but like i said not my style (like i could aford it anyway me----> :screwy: )

Does that thing really have a trans out of a 98 corvette (dont they have rear transaxles?) or is it just a newer T56?

William

TitoJones
10-22-2004, 05:40 PM
I think he has a T56 from an F body, but everything 'sells' better when it is a corvette unit. C5's have rear transaxles.
Tyler

34X2Camaro
10-23-2004, 03:41 PM
This is a joke, right?

kmracer
10-23-2004, 04:13 PM
it need some more suspension stuff. if it is that calabur car then it should have some alcon brakes and a much less "run of the mill"
engine. no pun intended. haha

boodlefoof
10-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Only thing I don't really like about it is all the stereo junk in the rear seat there... and the front fenders kind of box in at the door. You can see it from the back... looks kinda funny.

I agree though, tons of work and a good job from the looks of it.

RobM
10-25-2004, 06:47 PM
is the back window on that thing painted black? looks really dark back there. i kind of like having a back window even though camaros have alot of blind spots any way. (at least compared to my jeep wrangler)

JohnnyGMachine
10-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Whether you love it or hate it it does do one thing well - getting attention. Like it, hate it, it's interesting and different and overall I like it. It's definitely not a bellybutton 1st gen camaro and that's what I like about it. A couple of things might be over the top but all in all it's way cool. Only thing I really didn't care for was the front grill and rear tail light areas. I think it may be a little too smooth, takes away some detail. But to each his own. Love the wide body!

Paul69camaro
10-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey Tyler, I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm the one that bought your t-56 install kit for this car, (Thanks again, great kit) I've had the priveledge to work on this car, I did the brakes (thanks to Todd @ Speed teck) and helped with the install of the tranny with the owner. This car was extremely clean, true it had a few things here and there but when you see it in person it is truly amazing. Who ever won that auction got a pretty sweet deal on the car. The car had tons of mods, truly one of a kind.

Paul Simmons

steemin
10-31-2004, 06:25 PM
I was really surprised with the ending price. Was this car "to over the top" to garner any higher bids..