PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Gbodyolds
05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Hello all my name is Albert I'm new to the forum, I like modifying suspensions and I'm pretty good at it, or at least I haven't had anyone complain. I see a lot of familiar names on here from the Monte list like Dustin, Marcus, norm, Steve ragusa and sick speed Monte among others. Currently I have 2 projects I am working
first is a 1968 GTO with the following mods
Front:
SCandC Stage II
stock lowers with high durometer rubber bushings (just until the Spohn's come out)
Eibach springs
IAS shocks
Rear:
Moser 12bolt C-clip eliminator, studded cover, 3:90's.
Currie Curri-trac lowers
Edelbrock double adjustable uppers
Edelbrock mount braces
IAS shocks
Eibach springs
4 wheel disc
still undecided on swaybars and may change over to a Varishocks setup

My other project is an 86 442
Front:
SCandC stage II
Eibach's
Bilsteins
XH steering box
36mm hollow sway bar
ZQ8 Spindles
Rear:
Edelbrock double adjustable uppers
Hotchkis lowers (hate them changing to Curries)
Eibach's
Bilsteins
ATR 1.375 swaybar
245-50-16's
in the future I would like to do C5's on the Zq8 spindle late model f body rear disc and a swaybar that is not mounted to the lower arms in the rear just gotta wait for soemone to start selling them (hint hint Marcus)

McssGmachine
05-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey, another mcss.com member! Before long we might all be on this site! Welcome to the site.

BTW, do you have any pics?

Brian

Gbodyolds
05-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey, another mcss.com member! Before long we might all be on this site! Welcome to the site.

BTW, do you have any pics?

Brian

the 442 I haven't been getting anything done on real fast cause I have been busy with the GTO, I should have the GTO in rolling chassis (literally rolling chassis body will still be on the rotisserie) form by next week then ill post some updated pics. If i have it running and driving in time I may bring it to Monte Madness this year. I haven't added and of my newer pics yet but heres a start http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352220
Hopefully I will be able to get the 442 up on the rotisserie next

olds87
05-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Nice to have you here.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the site, Albert.

TPI Monte SS
05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Welcome aboard, good to have ya here too!

Don't worry, we won't overrun this site. I think a lot of the guys over on montecarloss.com just wanna go fast in a straight line; they haven't figured how how much fun it is to go wailing around turns in a G-body!

McssGmachine
05-27-2006, 09:01 PM
I hear ya!

Siroadrnr
05-28-2006, 09:26 AM
.....and another MCSS member!! welcome, G!! (how long before Frieda gets here???!!) BTW, send pics of the Olds with the Eibachs in, I am looking for springs, want lower!! Rudy

painterdude32
05-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the site. Can't help but like the g-bodies. I'm interested in what you do to your suspension. I really like the way my car looks slammed to the ground, but the ride isn't too great. Thinking of going with A.R.T cool ride bags. It's mostly a show car to promote my business, but I want the good cornering capabilities as well. Any advise would be helpfull.