PDA

View Full Version : Silver State results……and more

batman
05-25-2006, 04:22 PM
The Optima Team has some really great news…..and some not so great news. First of all, everyone had more fun than we deserve. Second, no one got hurt (a little damage to some pride was all). Third, almost all of the cars came home alive. Here are some details:

Optima Team members/Car/Events/Finish

Driver/Navigator
Scot Conrad/Mark Wetterau
Bone Stock ’06 Z06
0-100-0 1st in class, 1st overall!
Mile 12th place
110mph Rally 5th place

James Hickerson/Thor Wixsom
Modded Viper Coupe
1 mile 12th place
145mph Rally 3rd place

Danan Smith/None
Viper Comp Coupe
1 mile 11th place
150mph Rally DQ (way too fast!)

Burt Golding/None
C6 Vette ’06
1 mile 9th place
150 Rally 20th place

Paolo Castellano/Scott Parhurst
Viper Roadster
1 mile 8th place
110 Rally DNS (no oil pressure)

Cam Douglass/Bill Lloyd
Renntech SL65
1 mile 5th place (was I driving?)
145mph Rally 2nd place

Important notes:

We successfully depleted all 5 bars of any Jagermeister…..on the first night....then they reloaded.
No one even approached putting down a longer burn out as Danan in the Comp Coupe.
No one did as many smoky burn outs as Danan.
If you own stock in Michelin, your stock will probably go up (as long as Danan keeps running Pilots).
Paolo’s car was really fast. He knows turbos. Can someone tell him there’s a car attached?
The stock Z06 is one bad “A” serious supercar.
Mercedes now builds muscle cars.
Cam Douglass beat James Hickerson!Videos will be coming. Most of our cars had front and rear high def. cameras. I’ve seen some rough cuts and they are amazing. How about hitting a turkey vulture at 205 mph?

For more results go here:

http://www.sscc.us/results-06-norc.htm#1mile

Charley Lillard
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
ahhh...another SL65 fan...You would have enjoyed watching Stielow driving mine Cam.

batman
05-25-2006, 07:30 PM
A fan? Yup. What a car.....for other cars to aspire to.

Bob Johnson
05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Ol Big Red is still mighty respectable. Wonder why he doesn't put a little snort of NO2 and get that bad boy over the hump??Why didn't he make a final run?

ProStreet R/T
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Ol Big Red is still mighty respectable. Wonder why he doesn't put a little snort of NO2 and get that bad boy over the hump??Why didn't he make a final run?

kept breaking it. Droped the trans in the Z2Z, had it up on jackstands after the first 1 mile pass, car was having some problems. Not sure what the 2nd time, but heck at least he got to make A pass :nopity:

Bob Johnson
05-27-2006, 04:49 AM
kept breaking it. Droped the trans in the Z2Z, had it up on jackstands after the first 1 mile pass, car was having some problems. Not sure what the 2nd time, but heck at least he got to make A pass :nopity:
I would have thought his combo would be all sorted out..did he still have the old 4 speed trans? Seems like a 5 or 6 speed would be in order for the Z2Z. Get a whole lot better gear multiplication. Hard to question him, he's still running mighty strong.

ProStreet R/T
05-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I would have thought his combo would be all sorted out..did he still have the old 4 speed trans? Seems like a 5 or 6 speed would be in order for the Z2Z. Get a whole lot better gear multiplication. Hard to question him, he's still running mighty strong.

Yep same ole loud, clunky, Jerico 4 spd. They didn't run the rally, just the z2z and mile. Makes sense to me that the car would do MUCH better with a 6spd OD, but oh well.

That car with a couple hair dryers would be killer, but it doesn't seem like they have any intent to turn it up.

jeff s
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Or at least a 5 speed Jerico, like the one we're putting in the EFI, Procharged alloy 555 BBC, 67 chevelle we've got at the shop.

Dan Sherwood
06-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I would not race on Sunday, but I would opt for the festivities on Saturday.

I'm guessing the 1/2 mile thang would be interesting to try, as I'm afraid I'd top out long before the mile ever came around.

I think with the addition of a gv unit to my 67 camaro it would run in the 170 mph range, if the front end stayed put long enough to do that?

I may just have to go give the silver state confab a looksee in Sept.