PDA

View Full Version : Silver State results

ProStreet R/T
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
We came, we saw, we aren't quite sure what happened lol. The car was running flawlessly all weekend, cruising in the vegas heat, made it through all the little parades and event happenings, then for one reason or another we lost oil pressure half way through the first pass. Haven't pulled the motor apart to see what failed, or why, but this one just wasn't meant to be. We are already making plans to run in Sept and lets just say the bar will be raised a few levels above this car. Will have pics of everything up in a couple days.

Thanks again to Cam for putting on a great event, there really is no excuse for not coming out and running your car.

We owe a HUGE thanks to TitoJones and all the guys at ATS. On a last minute call they opened their shop to us and went way above and beyond the call of duty. These guys are all top notch and we should feel privledged to have them as part of our community. Next time we will take you guys for a ride when it has more than a pump gas tune and crank the boost up. :3gears:

Scott- You da man, thanks again for the great coverage and cleaning up at the blackjack tables ruled.

T-minus 4 months and counting... see ya there.

aonghus
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
sounds pretty awesome....

Bob Johnson
05-25-2006, 03:12 AM
sounds pretty awesome....
where can you see all the results? i'm anxious to see it.

MarkM66
05-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Was this the 0-200-0 event? Let us in on some results please, :) .

MSchu
05-25-2006, 03:46 PM
:postpics: Sorry...had to do it!

Bob Johnson
05-25-2006, 04:08 PM
They didn't brake..just had one stand still mile to go as fast as they could..altitude there keeps everyone to date under 200mph..The run in Sept will include braking. You will have a mile to accelerate. If you hit the 200 mph within the mile, you then have to stop as fast as you can. Person accomplishing both in the shortest distance will win

Mean 69
05-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Next time we will take you guys for a ride when it has more than a pump gas tune and crank the boost up

A little birdie called me from out of state and told me that a certain passenger was screaming like a 12 year old during a demonstration. I understand that car is, uh, "fast."

Anyone catch the article in the recent Motor Trend where they beat up on a new Z06 with five tuned cars? Gave me a woodie, that's fo' sho'! Man, who'd have thought 1k+ HP could actually be "streetable?" I'm not sure I have the spherical appendages to take that on, in that fashion. Well, maybe. Er, probably. I'd have to think the biggest moment is hitting the brakes hard at 200 MPH.

M

ProStreet R/T
05-25-2006, 06:33 PM
A little birdie called me from out of state and told me that a certain passenger was screaming like a 12 year old during a demonstration. I understand that car is, uh, "fast."

Anyone catch the article in the recent Motor Trend where they beat up on a new Z06 with five tuned cars? Gave me a woodie, that's fo' sho'! Man, who'd have thought 1k+ HP could actually be "streetable?" I'm not sure I have the spherical appendages to take that on, in that fashion. Well, maybe. Er, probably. I'd have to think the biggest moment is hitting the brakes hard at 200 MPH.

M

LOL I'm not sure if he screamed but lets just say it totally warped his view of what "fast" really is.

I hope they run both events in Sept, the Z2Z and standing mile. Not that it makes a big difference. And believe me that 200 number is shot. Our car lost oil pressure before the 1/2 mile mark and still went 160.

We WILL be there in Sept, with a car that makes this one look like a toy. :wrc:

oh and pics will be up as soon as I can get paolo to email them to me.

Bob Johnson
05-26-2006, 04:05 AM
what did Big Red and others do. I heard 190 or so was the fastest by a Japanese group but where is it posted what else happened? never mind..i see it posted above this..thanks

Bill Howell
05-26-2006, 08:42 AM
...I'm not sure I have the spherical appendages...

M

I have never heard it put quite like that but I like it, will put that in my memory bank...:lol:

Bob Johnson
05-27-2006, 04:51 AM
I have never heard it put quite like that but I like it, will put that in my memory bank...:lol:
you'd get a memo...insufficient funds..

Bill Howell
05-27-2006, 01:12 PM
you'd get a memo...insufficient funds..

More like insufficent spherical appendages!!!