PDA

View Full Version : Little Update

mtuck
05-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Figured I would give you all a little update. I had a great weekend with the car. I live in Houston and I am lucky enough to have Camaro Concepts close to me. So I went by there Friday to pick up the last of the things I need to finish my car. And while I was there I a set of rims that where for sale. I inquired about them and ended up buying them. I picked up a complete set of 17" rims. The front are used rims but look very good. And the back rims where brand new still in the box. I pain $625 for all four. After I got home I was finishing up the wiring on the car. (side note). I had to rewire the whole car after my paint shop fried my wires. 12V systems do not like to be jumped with 24V. Anyway, after i corrected my wiring on the distibutor the car fired right up. If anyone is considering rewiring there car I highly recommend AWW. There kit was very easy to install and answered any question I had. Great People to do business with. All I have to do now is finish up all the loose ends like bleed brakes, install bumbers and radio. And a few more trim pieces. I am going to be getting the tires this week so I should be done in a couple of weeks. After two years of working on it I can finally see the light. I will post A picture of the car before the stripes were put on. The next time you see it, it will be completely done. That should be in a just a few more weeks.

dslwizard
05-23-2006, 06:11 AM
It looks good. Can't wait to see the next update. mike

dropit69
05-23-2006, 05:48 PM
hey isnt that pic old you sent me pics where it has stripes....to bad your gonna get it done just to start on a camaro convert project..:jump:

mtuck
05-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Yes that is an older picture. But it was the first one i found. You are probably correct in the fact that I will be building a convertible. I want to drive this one for a little while first. I need to atleast piss the neighbors off a couple of times before I sell it......:naughty:

NvrDun71
05-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Im in Houston as well and agree that Camaro Concepts is a great company. Got any more pics?

restomodbird69
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
good to see a couple of houston guys here,need to hook up sometime.

mtuck
05-25-2006, 04:51 AM
What part of Houston do you all live at? I live in Pasadena but I work in Katy and The Woodlands, so I get around.

NvrDun71, I see you have almost the same motor as I have. I have driven mine a few times and I think you are going to like it....

Drewhelm
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Another Houstonian here....actually pretty good friend of restromod.

He live on the NW side....I live in Katy and work downtown.

Drew

restomodbird69
05-26-2006, 02:41 PM
as drew said we are on the west side of town,i will hit sams sat with a few of the bird men and sun we wil be at the olds show at bear creek.

mtuck
05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
After I get my car on the road, which should be in a couple of weeks, maybe we could meet somewhere? I work off hwy 6 and Richmond so i know where bear creek is. In

mtuck
05-26-2006, 03:55 PM
After I get my car on the road, which should be in a couple of weeks, maybe we could meet somewhere? I work off hwy 6 and Richmond so i know where bear creek is. In fact I have a graduation party on Sunday in Katy. Maybe I will stop by and see the show.

restomodbird69
05-26-2006, 04:28 PM
if so let me know i will give you a # to get with me

mtuck
05-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I will let you know tomorrow. I am going to work on the car tomorrow so it will be in the evening time.

i also found a more recent picture of the car...

restomodbird69
05-26-2006, 04:58 PM
looks good, mine is in paint so as soon as it is out i will post a few more

mtuck
05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
who is doing your paint? When do they say it will be finished? Mine was supposed to be a one month job, it turned into 7months......but I was happy they took there time.

J2speedandcustom
05-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I really like the dark red and silver! Very Nice

restomodbird69
05-26-2006, 07:13 PM
mine is at pats auto body off aldine westfield and hopper.he as done several covers for truckin and street truckin.the latest was a h2 that was slammed on street truckin a month or so ago.

Camaro Zach
05-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Car looks good mtuck

I'd like to meet you guys sometime and if any of you need an extra hand on your cars ill be glad to help. usually just sit around the house tinkering in the shop.

mtuck
05-27-2006, 04:32 AM
I think I know who you are talking about. I can not remeber his name. But I know he does great work... I remember him from back i the days when I had a mini-truck. Do any of you remember cruising down Westimer or Center street in Deer Park? Or am I just to old...hahahaha

Thank you all for the nice comments.

mtuck
05-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Now I remember that guys name I am thinking about. Maxwell. That who is painting your car?

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-27-2006, 05:55 AM
those are some beefy tires!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

mtuck
05-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Yes they are. The guy I bought the car from still had his mullet....But no fear, I am fixing to leave to get the tires for the new rims. I hope it looks a little better with the new rims and tires.....

Steve68
05-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Bad back spacing are they Centerlines?? I had 15x10's on the back of my 68 with 47/8 BS, they stuck out a little but my fenders were flared,

But like you said straight out of the 80's