PDA

View Full Version : PCV valve+breather ?

ponchopwr70
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Getting ready to re-do my valve covers. They are sb chevy mickey thompsons that I had tubes welded on with baffles, with k&n breathers. Theres one on each cover. Started doing research and found that I should run a pcv valve. Would that eliminate the oil drips every time I use it. Also can I just drill a new hole on one cover and leave the breathers the way they are, or do I need to eliminate the breather on the pcv side.Thanks.

6'9"Witha69
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
If you run a PCV then yes, you need to eliminate the breather on the PCV side. There are some leaks that can go away with this.

trackrat79
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
It is not needed. All you will do is pull dirty oil filled air into you cylinders and possibly mess things up. And unless you run around at 4000rpms or more you are not going to pull the vacume you need to accomplish what you want. Where are you leeking oil from after you run the car. Could it just be loose fasteners.

ponchopwr70
05-25-2006, 05:11 AM
I had the problem with the 355 it would blow oily mist at idle, then when i would get on it there would be oil on the firewall and oil dripping from the breathers. But that engine blew and I'm now building a 388 10.8:1 motor, cam is lunati 235 dur at 50 108ls and 507 lift. Going to be running power brakes and modulator for tranny, no vac adv. The valve covers I was running are m/t with k&n breathers, with baffeled tubes. One on each cover. I just don't really know if the pcv valve would be good for my motor.