PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camaro window rubber

sikryd
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and would like to start off by saying you all have some bad ass cars. While I am not building a pro touring car, I thought you may all have some ideas and input on some of my questions.
Does anyone know where I can get rubber seals for the front and back windows on my 67 Camaro. I would like to get away from the standard chrome trim rings that all Camaros came with to achive a cleaner look. I have seen these on a few cars on ebay, but never got responses from the members when i asked where they got the rubber seals from.
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Jared
[email protected]

sikryd
05-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry about the double post

Brian-Blade
05-18-2006, 03:30 AM
Im not to the point of buying these yet but I am doing same thing with getting away from chrome strips
I found this site that has rubber & what is real nice is they list all dimensions

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/showLine.asp?GroupID=5712&Path=::4375::5711::5712

sikryd
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the web site Brian, I spoke with a guy there and he recomended part # 409R107B but said to measure the width I would need first before ordering. His catalog did not go back to 1967, but the rubber is for GM cars.

Brian-Blade
05-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I got a glass guy coming to look at my car maybe tonight to look over glass & trim options
I will post any more ideas I get from him

sikryd
05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Do you need to flush mount windows in order to use the rubber seal? If so, I think i will stick with the original chrome and buytle

Brian-Blade
05-29-2006, 06:13 PM
My glass guy did stop over .
He said he thinks we could raise windshield some by using thick tape.
This would raise it high enough to use rubber mouldings he had . the only concern was the 2 top corners of the windshield being to sharp of a radius for rubber to bend around without wanting to wrinkle up.
He was going to take a scrap of glass & put radius on corner to find out the smallest radius we could use to let rubber form around with no wrinkles.This would mean I might have to do some fab work on upper 2 corners of roof line-pillar area ,which doesnt bother me too much because I already shaved off drip rails
When he comes back over again I will post results