PDA

View Full Version : rewelding seat brackets

jeff5347
05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Ok as before i have the firebird buckets out of a 90 or so formula. i took the seats out of the camaro last night to test fit the mounting points and they are off. One mounting point on the formula bracket works (the inner front mounting point from the left and right formula seats) but the other 3 are off. has anyone tackled this before such as cutting the mounting feet and then positioning the seat and welding new feet in place to work with the holes in the camaro floor. Any suggestions to make positioning and getting it done quick but the correct way. What have you guys encountered?

ahowudoin
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
I have some pics of 4th gen seat tracks in 1st gen. What year is your camaro?

jeff5347
05-19-2006, 05:56 AM
i have a 68 cam. i appreciate to see what you did to the tracks and how just to get me started on the right ...track. hahah no pun

ahowudoin
05-19-2006, 03:00 PM
what is your email?

PT Goat
05-20-2006, 07:12 PM
When I put my '06 seats in my '65, one original hole worked on each side. For those that didn't, I removed the inside factory bucket mounts and measured and made four "L" shaped brackets from 3/16" by 1" steel. They bolt to the floor with two grade 8 bolts and to the seat with one grade 8 bolt. It wasn't really that hard, just a lot of going back and forth to the vice and trimming or bending. It took me an evening to do both sides. In addition, the '06 tracks needed a little tweaking with a hammer and they fit pretty nicely.