PDA

View Full Version : Got robbed tonight at the shop....

TitoJones
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
While working at the shop tonight my car was broken into. I usually work alone in this complex at night, as there is nobody to disturb me.
I get in my car to leave, and I notice the trim around my stereo is all messed up. I then notice my ashtray missing, and wires to my CD changer are exposed.
They took my CD changer, my laser temp gun, my insurance paper with my home address on it, and my garage door opener.
They had big balls, as I am the only car here, and working with my door closed not 10 feet from my car. Something spooked them, and they didn't have time to get the deck. I always leave my car unlocked too, so if anyone wanted to steal stuff, they wouldn't have to break a window.
The part that worried me was the garage door opener and the papers with my address on them. I never noticed them near my car, and didn't even realize I was a victim of theft until I left to go home, at which point I figure they are already inside, looting my house.
So I unplug my garage door opener, and wait paitently with my friends, Heckler and Koch, in the .45 variety.
Oh how I hope they try to come in here...
Tyler

KrisHorton
10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
You're doing it all wrong. Plug the opener back in and then find yourself a couple of pit bulls or alligators to guard the place. Should make for an interesting home invasion.

I'd be pretty freaked if someone got my address and a full access pass to my home. The PoPo involved in this at all? Anxious to hear if anyone is stupid enough to try anything...watch your back dude.

Kris

MrQuick
10-18-2004, 11:18 PM
damn those crack heads. I thought they got you in the shop! Glad they didn't. Too bad you don't have video suv. Make sure you change your opener codes and chamber that 1st round.

TitoJones
10-18-2004, 11:27 PM
The HK is always kept with a hollow point in the chamber, the hammer back, and the safety on. I must now apply for my Consealed Carry Permit.
Th non emergency police number was called, but as I don't have theft coverage on my car, I don't need to file a report.
We used to have a pitbull until my old roomie moved out.
I should leave the garage plugged in, and my car around the corner, just in case the try to case the place. I could always use some target practice.:machine:

toofun
10-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Funny. I always keep my registration and insurance papers in my wallet. This way it is always with me.I also have a P.O. BOX address listed for my insurance company to send the bill.It doesnt list your home address on it.(dont think they will find me or my valuables there)I also dont carry a garage door opener. I do this exactly because of that reason. Change the code on your garage door opener if it has one and keep an eye out. Also would contact the local police about the situation so if they have a car that patrols around that area at least it may be in the back of their minds to keep an eye out. Funny people call me paranoid, I just call it "Heightened awareness"

TOOFUN :seizure:

Steve1968LS2
10-19-2004, 07:25 AM
While working at the shop tonight my car was broken into. I usually work alone in this complex at night, as there is nobody to disturb me.
So I unplug my garage door opener, and wait paitently with my friends, Heckler and Koch, in the .45 variety.
Oh how I hope they try to come in here...
Tyler

Is this the same shop where my car will be kept ;)

Sorry to hear about the troubles.. sometimes people just suck.. What kind of H&K do you have? USP? I have the full sized stainless .45 USP, man I love shooting that gun..

Can you reprogram the opener not to accept signals from your old remote??

68RallySport
10-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Tyler that sucks! It wasnt 50/50 right? I agree that some heads would be rolled! I had a similar expierence, except i got robbed at gun point last month in the ghetto of oakland. The only reason i woried is because he had the keys to my camaro and my license which told him where it was. I was at a gas station and somebody came up behind me with a pistol and started smacking me in the back of the head! He got my keys to the car and wallet and money u name it. Oh i sat with the car till he was out of sight then hotwired it and limped it home. Man are 68's easy to steal. Low and behold two days later at 1:00A.m i heard my garage door open and i ran out side with a lakewood traction bar that was sitting by my bed. They where gone by the time i got out there in my boxers but they had to be real stupid. I had my vr6 jetta in the driveway and there was no way they could get around that, Not to mention they left the keys in the ignition!!!! So it worked out but still keep posting up because who knows when they will try and strike!
David

TitoJones
10-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Steve-

Your car would be IN the shop, never out of it. This was the first time I worked with all my doors shut, as it was windy, chilly, and on the verge of raining. They must have thought it was part of the body shop next door to me, and it appered that there was no one around, so they went for it.
I have the HK is the USP .45 compact in black finish. I love that gun.
Tyler

baz67
10-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Tito when I am there later this week I can bring my "friend" well. Sorry to hear about it. See you later.
Brian

Bill Howell
10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Just reprogram the opener and that should keep the fools out. Then again let them in-dead men don't talk back. :bsjerk:

Ralph LoGrasso
10-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear about that T. Either reprogram your opener, or change it to a different make/model altogether. Also, consider getting your mail shipped to a P.O. box for a couple of months. This way they can't find anything else out about you, and what you own.

Protour_Pinto
10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
find yourself a couple of pit bulls or alligators to guard the place. Should make for an interesting home invasion.
Kris

If you really want to protect your stuff you need a Capybara with a baby on her side. She is a "Killer" when it comes to protecting her baby!!

Gators are Ok for a Scary moment but Crocks will git it done in no time.

My pit is not really scary with only three legs but that is just a thing she uses to her advantage. She is one of the best personal protection dogs I have trained.

Kevin1kas
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
You know, Machine Guns are legal in Vegas.. :) I actually have 3 (well I'm in middle of selling one to pay for car expenses). I hope you changed your garage door code. I guess that is a common way for people to get ripped off here in Vegas. I had my car broke into right in front of my house (They broke Window). Luckily, they didn't grab my garage door opener that was in the car. They could have easily grabbed all my stuff, then entered my house the the unlocked garage door. Now I make it a habit to take the garage door opener in with me.

Pzary3233
10-20-2004, 06:12 PM
I am sure that Ralph can give you some pointers on security mesures of the reptilian kind...

gmachinz
10-20-2004, 06:46 PM
One thing to think about Tito-I don't know your laws but in Iowa, you can't use more force against an intruder than they are using on you or els eyou could face an assualt charge which is worse than b/e. However, if it is a life-threatening situation then all bets are off-kill 'em. I would beat the life out of them, give them a serious (untraceable gun i.e.) weapon with their prints all over it-not yours, and then call the police. Believe this or not-but a man on a farm was getting his storage sheds broke into constantly and one time he actually rigged up a rifle to go off when the intruder came through the window. Needless to say, the burglar was shot in the shoulder and he ended up pressing charges against the owner! It was against the law to "boobytrap" your own property! It's stupid I know but check your laws on it before doing someone harm-no matter how bad they deserve it. -Jabin

TRILOGYZ28
10-20-2004, 10:48 PM
gotta love INDIANA........
thief in your house.....shoot'em dead "in the house" ........home free !!! :naughty:

gmachinz
10-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Oh yeah-I forgot about that one! You can't do anything to somebody on your property (without risk of a personal injury lawsuit) but if you "let" them get in your house-all bet's are off then! Hell, beat the crap out of them outside, then drag them inside and then call the po-po's. -Jabin

TRILOGYZ28
10-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah-I forgot about that one! You can't do anything to somebody on your property (without risk of a personal injury lawsuit) but if you "let" them get in your house-all bet's are off then! Hell, beat the crap out of them outside, then drag them inside and then call the po-po's. -Jabin

ROTFLMAO !!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
@ PO-PO's

Drewhelm
10-29-2004, 01:07 PM
In Texas you just have to feel threatened. "He stuck his hand in his pocket and I thought he was gonna pull a gun, so I shot his a$$." No charges....

KacyZ28
10-31-2004, 12:50 PM
I dont know how the laws work where you live,the way the work here is they have to be in your house for you to be able to inflict pain on them. The downside is if you shoot them shoot to kill cause if you dotn they can sue you and win...lovely judicial system isnt it?

MangeMD
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
The police have always told me that if I shot someone, to drag them inside.

My take on this deal is: If they have the balls to come into your house while you are there...then they have darn sure thought about killing you.

(my only friends that I use for these situations are my S&W .357 magnum, Model 22 Glock, and my trusty Colt HBAR2)