PDA

View Full Version : dash hookups and new gauges/bezel

woody80z28
05-15-2006, 06:16 PM
I made this at work today on our Zund engraver. That thing rules.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

And I have a couple questions. I have my line lock hooked up to a rocker switch and would like to buy another identical switch for the cigarette lighter on/off. The stock cig lighter has 4 connections and the rocker switch for my line lock has 2. Can I splice two of the wires together for the cig lighter? I don't really see why it would need 4.

Headlights... is there a place where I can get a switch handle with the 3-sided shaft that has a black knob instead of the silver one?

Speedo hookup... my new speedo has a threaded end to hook the speedo cable in to and my stock cluster is the clip on type and my trans is a 4spd. I was told to get a speedo cable from a 74 Chevy pickup with a 454/th350. The one Napa showed me was just like my current speedo (clip-on) and wouldn't work.

Wiring... is there a list some where that tells what color wires go to what from the stock harness? Is there a place (like Painless) that sells a wiring harness/adaptor like you can get for car stereos? I'd also like to wire in some LEDs for my signal, brake and high beam lights.

NvrDun71
05-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Damn Man nice work. Looks Great!:twothumbs

71FirebirdLS1
05-15-2006, 09:02 PM
wow... that is looking sharp!