PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Camaro?

67RSSS502
10-18-2004, 04:04 PM
i came across this during my surfing today and was wondering if anyone heard anything more on this? (i am hoping someone has heard that the Exec @ GM is going to listen???? )

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/

MangeMD
10-18-2004, 04:39 PM
This is from several months ago. The cars were rendered by Kris Horton. The original threads might be in the old forum tho.

Gary

KrisHorton
10-18-2004, 08:29 PM
:headbang: Old, but not forgotten! Seems people are still finding this news to them. I'm glad it's still getting talked about an entire YEAR after if first debuted!

Kris

apex69
10-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Ford listened, because they Care. I drove a new Mustang GT Saturday. Very, I say very nice. This is the kind of vehicle that I hoped GM would have built from many aspects, price, styling, etc.

GM, it's your turn, oh that's right you got out of line GTO, SSR, The goal is to make you/me the customer happy, if that is GMs focus and that is their drive, making profits and meeting shareholders expectations will most certainly follow. My POV is that the sorrowful stench that looms from the stagnant unstirred styling pot continues to coagulate like that of a festering pustule on the rumpus of life. If only once just once someone at GM would respond to the conjecture of an individual in his/her writings, ideas and suggestions as Ford has done, I think then engaging that end customer would meet with enlightenment.

The styling is in the studio, it’s just not jumping off the board onto the street.

trapin
10-19-2004, 11:42 AM
People have to remember that the current GTO was only put in place to satisfy peoples appetites for performance at GM while other vehicles were being readied for production.

Excuse me for a minute..... :Alchy:

OK, where was I? Oh yeah....unfortunately, GTO has not sold well for us, but you can't fault GM for the effort. At least they did something to appease the masses while they waited. When Firebird/Camaro were cancelled, there was no platform to move them to. Ford was lucky...they had the Jaguar LS platform to move the Mustang to. I know it's a lot to ask, but everyone just needs to hang in there for at least 2 more years and believe me....it will all be worth the wait.

apex69
10-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Good to hear from you Tony! It's been a while. We both know the incredible talent and concepts that sit at portfolio. I'm hanging man, I - am - hanging. I'm not bothered if the Camaro is delayed another year with the speculation it goes kappa. Though I love a good argument, based on volume sales there were no masses. If you get a chance, drive a new mustang. Just want to see it done right. Hey, is that grain alcohol?

Doug Harden
10-20-2004, 09:40 AM
This artlicle has MUCH more accurate info....but it really p*ssed off some people at Chevy.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro/

Foudie
10-20-2004, 09:50 AM
I'll tell you how out of touch GM is with us, the performance minded. My Brother is a General Manager at a Chevy Dealership in Vegas. I was talking to him about the demise of the Camaro, and he really had no clue as to why they discontinued them. Also he had not heard any of the rumors that we have been spreading and he was not aware of any of the articles that have been printed about the possible return of the Camaro and Firebird in ( 07? ). The fact is, I guess, that they are making so much money with Suburband, Tahoes, and Silverados that perhaps the F-body was becoming a pet project?

:camaro: :nopity:

trapin
10-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Foudie, no offense but Dealership General Managers are kept in the dark as much as everyone else in the public. He's not going to be a good source for information coming out of GM. I work for General Motors Design Staff and although I can't divulge proprietary information, I can - with all confindence - tell you that the good ole days are coming back. We all just need to be a little patient.

Pat....good to talk to you again. I can't comment on the Kappa architecture (as you can guess) but great things are coming. Not grain alchohol....only root beer. :rolleyes5

RobM
10-20-2004, 10:11 AM
alot of people complain about how GM doesnt offer much in the performance market, but i have to ask even if they did would you all be lining up at the dealers with cash in hand? how many of you feel your missing out because you actualy would be buying such a car?

Doug Harden
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Foudie, no offense but Dealership General Managers are kept in the dark as much as everyone else in the public. He's not going to be a good source for information coming out of GM. I work for General Motors Design Staff and although I can't divulge proprietary information, I can - with all confindence - tell you that the good ole days are coming back. We all just need to be a little patient.

Pat....good to talk to you again. I can't comment on the Kappa architecture (as you can guess) but great things are coming. Not grain alchohol....only root beer. :rolleyes5

Tony,

If you can...how close is Kris' (crispey2K's) rendering to what we might be waiting for? Don't have to be specific, but is it even close?

Zefhix
10-20-2004, 11:16 AM

I'm glad to hear that from an actual designer. I hope designs are being okayed and GM is tightening their belt buckles and strapping in. It seems as though Ford and Chrysler got a head start when it comes to producing exciting models but I'm praying GM is bringing some stuff out soon.

TitoJones
10-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Kris-

I'd like to see more of the 07 Camaro rendering you did off the artist sketch! I liked that red car a bunch!
Tyler

trapin
10-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Doug....like the Corvette, GM has chosen to design that vehicle off-site. Along with the new GTO. However...that car is not being called 'Camaro'. It is under a different designation right now (for a number of reasons). Whether it is going to end up a Camaro or not is up to GM to decide. If I knew either way or knew what it looked like, I couldn't divulge that information. Like all GM employees, I'm bound to a confidentiality agreement. When I say great things are coming...I'm not necessarily talking about an 'F' body but rather other cars that will satisfy the performance appetite. Stay tuned.