PDA

View Full Version : Coil-overs for 65/66 Mustang

Shaved66Stang
10-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Who makes a coil-over kit to fit 65/66 'Stangs? I am running the GW tubular upper/lower control arms. Also, I will be mini-tubbing the car to fit (at least) an 18"- 275' tire underneath it. What do you guys recomend I do for rear suspension? 4-link it? I am going to modify the frame rails and add coil-overs to the rear. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Shaun

Lowend
10-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Global West just came out with a new setup but it comes with upper and lower arms - if you are serious I can see about getting just the coilovers
Total Control Products also has a VERY nice coilover setup

68 stang
10-20-2004, 08:23 PM
TCP makes a coil-over kit for the 65/66 Mustangs. I have it on my 68. Dealing with TCP was a nightmare. However since Chassis Works took over, I hear they have gotten a lot better.

If you are going to mini-tub it, I myself would go with a four-link.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Shaved66Stang
10-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Yea, I've seen the TCP coil-overs on the Elanors and it looks really good. My friend told me it took him 3 months to get his TCP rack for his 68' Stang!!!! I should be doing this swap sometime early next year after I get out of basic and get my sign on bonus. Lowend, what do you mean by getting only the coil-overs? Do you have a discount with GW???

Lowend
10-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I am one of GW's biggest distributors

DLinson
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
DSE should be coming out with a 4-link style rear suspension with a panhard bar for the Mustangs. It uses the factory frame rails and reinforces them for the forward pivot mounts. This kit is on the Fastforward Fastback that Troy built. They are still working on a few details with it but it shouldn't be too long. I mini-tubed my friends 66 Mustang and designed the suspension and installed it. He put 275/60R15 on the back. He didn't want to spend the extra bucks on new 17's. He didn't have to completely cut out the rear wheel well. he cut a slit in the front side of the wheel well and widend it and patched it with a pie shape piece of metal.

I uses spherical heim joint for his suspension. Kyle wants to go with rubber bushings in all of the 4-link joints and heim joint for the panhard bar. He has another customer car that he will use to further refine the kit before he releases it. You may want to give him a call about it. It will most likely be after his move to NC.

Dennis