PDA

View Full Version : Strap Wrench & Air Impact Wrench to Remove Blower Pulley???

Tim_in_NC
05-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask this to see if this is the norm or if there are better ways to zip off a blower pulley...

I'm thinking of just using a high quality strap wrench to hold the pulley in place while I back the pulley bolt off with an air impact wrench ...

This is for a D1SC...

Another thing... Is it just me or does Procharger send these units out with a SUPER TIGHT oil check dipstick... Heavens sake ... I've never seen a Flat Head Screw on that TIGHT!!!

Blown353
05-13-2006, 03:02 PM
You're going to have to. ATI loves to slather everything in red loctite... so don't be surprised at the amount of effort it will take to break it loose!

Don't forget a puller to remove it too, as they probably also put red loctite between the pulley and the shaft.

Could be worse, they could have used the green loctite (retaining compound) to hold the pulley on.

Tim_in_NC
05-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Yep...

Strap wrench and air impact wrench worked great... Man, there was a lot of loctite on that bolt...

Thanks,
TIM

WELTERRACER
05-14-2006, 08:38 AM
I thought my bolt was going to break.. Had a very large impact and still barely got it out..

Tim_in_NC
05-15-2006, 03:50 AM
They must put a ton of loctite on the Oil Dipstick plug as well ...

I'm not sure if I own a Flat Head Screw Driver that can take the force... I'm a little worried that I'm gonna strip out the plug...

DeltaT
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
A little heat from a torch or heat gun will help loosen the Loctite - do it directly on the bolt or nut.

I'd hate to break off the head of that bolt...

Jim