PDA

View Full Version : Blacking out taillights.

DonTalarico
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking about blacking out my '67 Camaro's taillights. I'm geussing there isn't a pre-made kit to do this. Does anyone know where to get the material (some sort of plastic I geuss?) to do this?
:hmm:

907rs
10-17-2004, 09:14 PM
The easy way is to just spray a little black paint on the insides of the stock lenses. Just spray a little at a time though and re install and check them out. If you want smooth plastic you can get lexan at Lowes or Home depot and apply window tint to it, but you'll need red bulbs. Either way its probably illegal in your area.

TonyL
10-17-2004, 09:50 PM
most likely this is illegal in your area. however, if you are thinking of doing this, the using a "semi transparent black" spray paint works. ask your local paint dealer.

Zefhix
10-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Or you can just pm me and i'll give you the contact info for my guy that makes molds off your original lenses and then cast new clears with dye added to create a very nice smoked lens effect. :cool: :)

hotrodgary
10-20-2004, 05:29 AM
I've used a product called NightShades..... I think it was.

It was basically a dark tinted clearcoat that I sprayed over the taillight lenses...I just cleaned em real good and scuffed em lightly and sprayed this on them...made them real smooth and shiny too, it was cool stuff.

Dont know where to get it though...my buddy had some and he let me use it. If your want I can get hold of him and find out where to buy it.