PDA

View Full Version : Help before the rain gets here...

dennis68
10-17-2004, 08:23 PM
As winter approaches I realize I am not going to make it to top coat before the foul weather hits. Hopefully next weekend it will be ready for a sealer/filler coat. Here is the game plan, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Most of the metal/filler work is done. I was planning on a bath in triple etch wash, then laying down a few heavy coats of Epoxy prime, then a few coats of 2K (a good fill/sand I understand). It is going to be M/S products, I don’t have numbers available right now. It is going to have survive being driven/stored outside for the winter in this condition. Will she make it like this?

I know this not ideal but the filler work is not totally complete and it still needs the whole R/S ¼ panel replaced (coming by means of the Mayflower I think) so it is the best I can do. Come spring will I be able to knock down the 2K in the places that still need work and proceed from there? Will the adverse weather hurt the underlying sheet metal with the Epoxy on it (I understood that epoxy is a very good barrier)? Is 2K a good choice for a high build primer for blocking? Any other suggestions, I am on a big time budget of both time and $$$.I have searched this and many times it is touched on but never specifically answered, also will a gallon unreduced of each be more than enough? Can I get away with a few quarts of each instead? I am not sure of the coverage on either of these products, I’d like at least 2 wet coats of each. Thanks in advance (PS, anybody in the tri-valley area want to rent me a booth for a few hours to spray primer?)