PDA

View Full Version : solid leaf spring bushings, leaf spring mounting points

indyjps
10-17-2004, 06:30 PM
what are your thoughts on solid spring bushings. ive already got a set installed on front of multi leafs from time spent on drag strip, are solids in the rear too harsh or should i look into eurethane.
what type of shackles are suggested, thinking of fabricating something. just looking for some pointers before hand.
also front spring mounting points. i dont really trust the factory attachment points, just some nuts on clips, any good ideas. i was thinking of making a solid plate to attach front of springs with welded in nuts. is this overkill.

baz67
10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
You do not want solids on the front of the spring. Poly bushings on the front are not recomonded either. You want to go with rubber or GW's del-a-lum bushings for the front. The rear you could go with solid, poly or del-a-lum.

The shackles you can use any of the aftermarket ones. I do not see any issues fabbing up some if the metal is strong enough.

The front mounting locations are fine. There are many cars on this site that use them. I was just looking at The Thrasher today and it uses the factory mounts. I feel it would be overkill to beef up that area.
Brian