PDA

View Full Version : I hate no garage...

zbugger
10-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah, just when I start making decent progress on my car, it has to start raining. Just my luck. I'm gonna go grab a golf club and look for lightning. :banghead:

dennis68
10-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, rain kinda fuked me today too. I just spread out a nice skim coat last night and woke up to a wet car, sucks doing body work in the fall.

airrj1
10-17-2004, 06:01 PM
I woke up this morning and there was a coating of snow on the Chevelle. :santa3: :banghead:

Has anyone done a cam/radiator/water pump swap with winter gloves on before. It is going to be a long winter.

baz67
10-17-2004, 07:53 PM
wa, waaaaa, waaaaa. :nopity: I feel your pain though Allen. I lived in MN during highschool. I once had to change my started, on my 77 Camaro, when it was -30*. Well good luck indeed.
Brian

Kenova
10-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I woke up this morning and there was a coating of snow on the Chevelle. :santa3: :banghead:

Has anyone done a cam/radiator/water pump swap with winter gloves on before. It is going to be a long winter.

I changed an electric fuel pump in a '77 Astre (it was in the tank) in an unheated garage with the temperature around -18* celcius. :nopity: :Alchy: :screwy: Does that count?
Ken

907rs
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Back in the day I swapped a 2wd Chevy shortbed body over to a 4wd chassis at -20 to 30.

Flyboy
10-17-2004, 09:21 PM
You know, I used to live in Hershey, PA for 5 years and about 2 miles from Lake Erie in Ohio for 2 years. Every time I hear stories like this, it makes me glad I live in Vegas where we get no snow, and MAYBE 2 weeks combined total worth of rain every year.

Now, granted it gets hot enough to fry an egg on your intake manifold in the summertime, but hey, what's a few burn marks across your hands and arms between friends? :icon_razz

Pro-touring towncar
10-20-2004, 06:40 AM
I know the feeling I have been without a place to work on the car for 20 years. I kinda make due, and hope for the best(weather wise)

Tim

68RallySport
10-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Im in ur nieborhood Allen and i can say i have been waiting for rain for a while, But why NOW!!! I have only had my car back for like a week or two and now its just gonna sit till the weather clears up. Three days without driving and its just sitting in front of me!!!!

David