PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock EFI

streetk14
10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with the performer rpm EFI kit. Whatever I get needs to be compatible with a blower & good to at least 700hp. I'd assume with the proper injectors and fuel system, it is possible. I like the fact that you don't need a lap-top to tune it. Anyone who's used this system chime in, please.

camcojb
10-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Don't think it can work with a blower. Can't tune it under boost, at least that's the way they've always been unless they changed it. Even if it could I would not run that system with a supercharged engine, not enough tuneability to be safe.

Jody

Fuelie Fan
10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I heard they just changed things recently (unconfirmed), I haven't played with one for a few months. On the old system, I agree with Jody, but I don't know what's different (if anything) on what they're shipping now

in2protour
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
The Camaro club schedule a tour to the Edelbrock Facility this last Sat. and they told me that the next generation Pro-flo EFI will be completely different, you will need a laptop to tune the system. I have the current sytem on my car and I asked if I could upgrade to the latest and greatest and they told me that there's so many changes that it would be better to get the new one as a complete system. Edelbrock has a tour every month for the public but this past weekend was the last of this year. The tour will start back up in March. We even got to meet Camee Edelbrock. The tour was excellent. We got to see the various parts that Edelbrock design and make in house. We also got to see an Edelbrock built engine on a dyno putting out 430 hp using a crate zz4 bottom end and the rest with Edelbrock's parts! We got to see Vic's collection of cars in his car museum. Vic has some really cool rides!

andrewb70
10-18-2004, 12:06 PM
The new ProFlo is not even close to being released. That I got from a very reliable source.

Andrew

shanekennedy
10-22-2004, 09:35 AM
is the new proflo months or years away?

Q ship
10-26-2004, 07:23 AM
They are releasing new engine types based on the old system, so I would guess years. I have one for a SBC, bought it in '95 when there wasn't nearly so many options. It's a good unit, but as Jody mentions it's not very adaptable to changes. I hope to upgrade the ECM/software while keeping the hardware in the future.

in2protour
11-12-2004, 11:45 AM
This company called TechnoResearch has a software that can tweak the Edelbrock Pro-flo system with a laptop. I purchased the software but I'm waiting for my laptop to play with the settings. Here's some info on the software:
www.technoresearch.com/winproflo.htm
Win Pro-Flo Software for Calibration and Data Recording

for

Performer and Performer RPM Pro-Flo Multi-Point EFI Systems For AMC/Jeep, Chevrolet, Chrysler and Ford Engines Originally Equipped with a Carburetor

View engine & system data in real time through graphical display, either via Strip Chart or Gauges/Meters form or capture data on the basis of user-defined events.

Create or edit a calibration map by modifying the fuel table, the spark table and the miscellaneous table. Any calibration can be Uploaded, Downloaded, Stored and Restored in the ECU.

This Windows™ based software program interfaces with the ECU through an Interface serial cable.

A graphic user interface (GUI) with the Help, Hotkey, and Mouse support provides a user friendly tool.

camcojb
11-12-2004, 01:17 PM
This company called TechnoResearch has a software that can tweak the Edelbrock Pro-flo system with a laptop. I purchased the software but I'm waiting for my laptop to play with the settings. Here's some info on the software:
www.technoresearch.com/winproflo.htm
Win Pro-Flo Software for Calibration and Data Recording

for

Performer and Performer RPM Pro-Flo Multi-Point EFI Systems For AMC/Jeep, Chevrolet, Chrysler and Ford Engines Originally Equipped with a Carburetor

View engine & system data in real time through graphical display, either via Strip Chart or Gauges/Meters form or capture data on the basis of user-defined events.

Create or edit a calibration map by modifying the fuel table, the spark table and the miscellaneous table. Any calibration can be Uploaded, Downloaded, Stored and Restored in the ECU.

This Windows™ based software program interfaces with the ECU through an Interface serial cable.

A graphic user interface (GUI) with the Help, Hotkey, and Mouse support provides a user friendly tool.

That's an improvement, but you still need to find out if the system can run a 2 bar map sensor; if not you cannot tune under boost.

Jody

xtrmeta
12-25-2004, 08:44 AM
I have the Holly Projection on my truck and I know it can be used for a Supercharged application. There are program sets in the software to set it up for a Supercharger or Turbo.

andrewb70
12-25-2004, 11:24 AM
You just need to make sure that you injectors are big enough to support the HP level that you will be making.

Andrew

blown69nova
12-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I had the pro-flo on my Nova and it worked great -nat. asperated! I think by the time you find a way to use the Edelbrock system with boost you could have bought a system designed for it cheaper. Look into the Holley systems or even Accel,Fast etc. you will be happier in the long run.

Fuelie Fan
12-26-2004, 11:59 PM
As a side note I just got a demo of the new edelbrock EFI software. Well, not really a demo, more like a presentation, but I have to say I was very impressed, at least with the setup wizard (that's all I've gotten through so far, the presentation takes forever). It's a bummer though since we've been talking about a similar thing and they beat us to it :(

Radlark
12-27-2004, 09:17 AM
The Pro-flo system (part #3500) can support the blow thru type carb setup (ATI, Procharger) as Yody said the injectors need to be upgraded (realistically the stock injectors will support up to 500). We have a system as of this date on a 64 Nova supporting up 750 HP! The new motron system Andrew B is referring to will be available in the Spring of 05, the system will be available to work with existing other manufactures system the only thing that we we request is that you use OUR injectors as they are tuned for the Motron electronics system. The system will be avaialbe for SBC, BBC, Pontiac, SBF. You will be able to buy the componates as follows:

Manifold and Rails
Electronics kit (Victor and Super Victor)
Throttle body
Fuel Pump (avaialble for 500, 800, 1500 HP support)
Regulators

The full electronic kits are avaialble with the ECU,Sensors, distributor, injectors, harness, software.

This system will be the most advance system out, the capability is up to the owner/tuner alot of time and research has went into this system and it wasn't released for the longest time because we wanted to get it right the first time it came to market.

camcojb
12-27-2004, 11:00 AM
That's good to know. The standard Edelbrock system wouldn't run a 2 bar map sensor, at least had no tuning under boost. Also remember on the injector size that what will support 500 naturally aspirated will not support 500 on a blown engine; the bsfc's typically go up with a boost engine so you'll likley need to use .55-.60 for a safe point when figuring a blown engines injector and pump sizing.

Jody