PDA

View Full Version : torker camaro front upper ball joint spacer?

kball
10-16-2004, 04:46 PM
On torker's website , there are pics of his c4 disc brake conv. In the pics you can see some sort of upper ball joint spacer. I'm no susp expert, but will this in effect give the same benfits of the tall spindle conv. without having to change lower ball joints,tie rods, etc? They look to be about 2" tall. These go between the joint and spindle. I have also seen some stock car fabricators selling spacers that go between the joint and the upper arm-1in. thick steel plate. Anybody have some knowledge of these mods, because I don't. It seems it would be a less $$ way to improve the susp. http://www.geocities.com/torkerscamaro/torker.html

MrQuick
10-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi K, there was a thread about this on the old forum. I've installed them in the past, they were availible through Dr.Gas and I have had wear issues and I wasn't the only one. I heard of a set breaking under harsh conditions.Im not sure if they are still availible????
Its the same as doing the guldstrand mod(the cheapest) or a taller spindle on a bodys.It gives you a more desireble camber curve through turns keeping the tires flatter.
I think the 1" spacer(between arm and bj) and the G mod would be better or safer.Look around cause they sell balljoints that do about the same thing.

David Pozzi
10-17-2004, 10:34 AM
the spacer goes too far. Either do the Guldstrand mod or get the upper balljoints from Marcus mentioned in his post here: http://66.70.234.198/forum/showthread.php?t=1208&highlight=marcus

Tubular upper arms will help even with no Guldstrand mod.
David

kball
10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Sorry i forgot to mention its a 71 a-body

kball
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Why haven't more people used the stuff from marcus? It seems like a pretty sweet setup. I'm going to contact him about his susp. parts.

David Pozzi
10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
He seems to have a very good handle on suspension improvements. His Camaro parts just came out. There are other choices, but for someone who wants to keep the subframe looking stock, this looks like a great idea.
David

Marcus SC&C
10-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Kball, I`ve been selling these for G body and 2nd gen Camaro for some time now but the 1st gen Camaro/early A body joints are *brand new*. In fact I had to order a large batch to get them made at all. At this time we`re the only place on the planet Earth you can get them (which feels pretty cool I must say :) ). I just installed one of out StreetComp Stage2 packages (tall UBJs,tall LBJs which also drastically improve the bumpsteer and fully adj. tubular UCAs) on a customer`s `69 442 a few weeks ago and the results are simply outstanding! We`re really excited about these parts,especially when they`re combined together. Once more people try them and tell their friends I have a feeling they`ll become very popular. :) Feel free to call me at the shop anytime. Marcus SC&C (610) 346-8805 www.SCandC.com (being updated right now but should be back up very shortly)