PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust in SoCal

rockdogz
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Anyone know of a good place to have exhaust done in Southern CA?

Thanks,

vince72
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
i have seen some nice exhaust sustems from Ace mufflers located in santa ana. but the only exhaust they have done for me is change cats on some ford van we justo own. when i was there they were working on a ex for a drag racing 55 bel air.
hope this gives you a starting point
vince

Pro-Tour Heavy Chevy
05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I have had good luck with the Mufflerman in Placentia on Placentia ave.

Jims78elky
05-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Anyone know of a good place to have exhaust done in Southern CA?

Thanks,

Tom,

Why don't you just get a kit from flowmaster or one of the
many that have custom kits for your 68?,it is for your 68
right? I think the flowmaster Camaro kit is the best bang
for the money,and you can do it yourself in the driveway.

Might save you a little $$$ down the road.

Just my thoughts though...

Keep up the great work! :worship: you must be dying to drive that
502!!!

rockdogz
05-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Tom,

Why don't you just get a kit from flowmaster or one of the
many that have custom kits for your 68?,it is for your 68
right? I think the flowmaster Camaro kit is the best bang
for the money,and you can do it yourself in the driveway.

Might save you a little $$$ down the road.

Just my thoughts though...

Keep up the great work! :worship: you must be dying to drive that
502!!!

Hey Jim,
I actually have a complete Pypes kit, but I've never done exhaust work before and am having trouble routing it around the rear end and I don't want to scratch the powdercoat all up... So I really just need a little help from an experienced place to get it right. You're right though, I can't wait to drive it... should be back from paint in the next week or so.

Tom

GIDRDUN
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I am an custom header and exhaust fabricator and would be willing to help you out if you need work. Contact me at [email protected] or call at 951-454-4412 Tim.

Steve1968LS2
05-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey, here is where you NEED to go..

The Muffler Man in Placentia, CA -- he does great work at great prices. Did my '69 and several magazine projects.. his name is Lee

And if you need a ride home after dropping the car I can help since it's a block from the PHR offices :)

NOVA
05-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Is this place on Industrial Way? I just goggled it and whats weird is the right address comes up for a placentia muffler shop (714-524-7818) which is on Industrial way in placentia?

but the web address (exhaustpro) goes to a muffler shop in chino called chino valley muffler chino ca.??

I am going to give this guy a call,I like the reasonable price part too!Thanks.......

The Muffler Man in Placentia, CA -- he does great work at great prices. Did my '69 and several magazine projects.. his name is Lee

And if you need a ride home after dropping the car I can help since it's a block from the PHR offices :)

chicane67
05-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Ed Hansen's in San Diego is the industries best.........

NOVA
08-21-2006, 05:23 PM

f.y.i new owner,Lee Retired.

cakneller
09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I just had some work done by Wayne at Speedway Muffler in Gardena, CA.
I was very happy we swaped out my flowmasters for some Dynomax turbos. He had to replace some of the mandrel bends with other mandrel sections and it looks and sounds great. I'd definately recommend Speedway.
310.323.1322 on Crenshaw near Marine.