PDA

View Full Version : 250 Blower Under 1st Gen Hood?

linzbach
05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
OK, so I know roots style blowers aren't really part of the pro-touring scene, but I still like them :)

Has anyone managed to squeeze a 250-series blower (roots style) with 2 carbs under a cowl induction hood of a 1st gen Camaro? If so, how tall was the cowl hood that you used? According to The Blower Shop, the 250 series (for use with Big Blocks) will measure 13.8" from the bottom of the intake/top of block to the top of the carb (when using a 4150 series carb). I'll need to add about 1.5" - 2" for an aircleaner on top of that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

camcojb
05-01-2006, 11:43 AM
OK, so I know roots style blowers aren't really part of the pro-touring scene, but I still like them :)

Has anyone managed to squeeze a 250-series blower (roots style) with 2 carbs under a cowl induction hood of a 1st gen Camaro? If so, how tall was the cowl hood that you used? According to The Blower Shop, the 250 series (for use with Big Blocks) will measure 13.8" from the bottom of the intake/top of block to the top of the carb (when using a 4150 series carb). I'll need to add about 1.5" - 2" for an aircleaner on top of that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can barely fit the smaller blowers on a small block first gen, and then only with a super low filter (read restrictive). The 250 is taller and I see no way it's gonna fit with the stock height cowl hood.

Jody