PDA

View Full Version : SpeedTech Performance???

protour_chevelle
10-15-2004, 08:05 PM
I need to get ahold of SpeedTech Performance. Dennis told me that I could get ahold of your here. I have tryed phoning several times but have only got the answering machine. I would like to purchase a few parts from you guys.

Thanks,

-Matt

yody
10-15-2004, 08:39 PM
good luck! It took 6 weeks for my friend to get a set of their first gen upper control arms, they don't answer emails, phone calls, or messages. They haven't even started making the upper control arms that i would like, that they show on their site would be in production in June, they don't do any of their stuff in house. Highly irritating. Bad customer service. now for the good side, they just had a kid and are understanably busy. They make a nice high quality piece, they are CHEAP, and Todd is a very nice smart guy. However I don't believe they are cut out to run a business, its too bad considering how smart and nice todd is. I have to wait until after SEMA to get my control arms, but i am not sure that i can wait that much longer. Good luck, maybe you will have better luck than I did. I didn't get a response till i left a kinda nasty/sarcastic voice message. However I was suprised at how nice and knowledgable TOdd was, so its kinda a double sided thing. I will wait, however at any time i could go get the globalwest, but i am a cheap screw!

protour_chevelle
10-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Thats really where I'm sitting at. They have a very nice looking product. I also like the price. GW is too rich for me. I have all winter to wait.

-Matt

rocketrod
10-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Lets hope the customer service issues are due to the new addition to the family. Personally I have contacted Todd via e-mail and have been amazed at how fast he replies. Maybe I just caught him at the right time?? Whatever the reason I hope they get it resolved.

Personally I think ST has the best looking control arms on the market and the price is excellent. As for performance?? I wish someone would do a head to head test of the DSE, GW and ST control arms on a first gen Camaro and post the results. It would be interesting to see how they stack up.

Rod

HOT OHC
10-16-2004, 09:43 AM
I just spoke with Todd last night on the phone. Give him a chance to call you back. My experience with Todd at Speed Tech has been completely different than yody's. He has always returned my calls/emails but his wife answers the phones so if she just had a baby then this explains a lot on his availability right now, just be a little patient. Also Todd will be at SEMA and is working on his booth etc.

OHCbird
10-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Eric-
How long did it take to get them? I'm by no means in any hurry (you know I'm still trying to solve that cam issue). His price seems reasonable, given the info (the review on David Pozzi's site) that's out there.

Anyone else have any other info?

CliffS
10-16-2004, 01:16 PM
I ordered upper & lowers arms for my 68 Bird 2 months ago. Got the uppers within 2 weeks and the lowers arrived a couple of days ago (they were in production). I call early in the morning Canadian time
( we got like 9 hours difference) and got a hold on somebody most of the time, good people. Very nice arms and good price, worth waiting.

yody
10-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes, i was a little harsh, but i do also agree they are nice people, however me and my friends experience was not the best. THey told him 3 weeks for a set of arms and they took 6 weeks, also they did not respond to his emails. It could very be bad timing. I truly understand how he is a small business and having a kid is hard. Definetly some of the best looking arms and Todd seems like a smart guy and i would think he would build the arms to work good also. I do believe however that if you are running a business that you should always be available during working hours to repsond to customers. Customers should not have to play a crap game hoping to get in contact wiht someone, also advertising products that aren/'t available is always a bad idea, like the tie rod sleeves, second gen control arms etc.. Also when my friend ordered his body mounts it took them 2 weeks and then they told him that they didn't have the color he wanted, but then the correct ones showed up at his house the next day?? Hopefully i will be able to get in contact with them and get a set of their upper control arms ASAP. This was not intended as a bash, i like speedtech and recommend them, just be prepared. Hopefully he will read this and get these second gen arms out!

rocketrod
10-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Yody,

When you do get your ST arms I would be interested in what you think about them, quality, ease of instllation, performance, etc?? I have a 69 Camaro and I am comptemplating buying their UCAs, LCAs and QA1 kit, but have not heard much from people who have them.

Rod

yody
10-16-2004, 07:16 PM
my friend installed his on his first gen, install went as simple as any other control arm, don't know about performance yet, quality looks very nice but they are mig'd not tig'd. I recommend them, especially for the price difference, and their billet cross shafts look really nice. I am sure they will perform just great. The only thing i didn't like is that they don't have blue bushings, just black.