PDA

View Full Version : '69 Camaro needed for SEMA show ASAP!

Larry Callahan
10-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, I need some help and I need it fast!

A die cast car company has asked me to help them find a wicked '69 Pro-Touring Camaro. They need it to be in their booth for the SEMA show and they want to re-create it in a die cast model as their flagship car. I've already got a few cars in mind but just incase I am forgetting one or if anybody knows of one not on the site or will be done soon please let me know. I've seen a few prototypes and I have a meeting with them mid next week to present them with some options.

How cool would it be to have your car created in a die cast! Also what ever car they go with will have a windshield banner on the car in the booth with our website URL on it. And, to top it off, they will put a miniature one on the windshield of every single pro-touring car they sell!

Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!:bananna2:

jonny51
10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a good deal for you,too bad neither of my cars are finished.

Steve1968LS2
10-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Im not sure my car is in that catagory but that would be SO COOL..

I wonder how fast I could get it done if I REALLY tried?? :slap:

68 firehawk
10-15-2004, 04:42 PM
WOW what an awesom opportunity. To bad my bird isn't done. Let me know if they want a Firebird in about 2 years :). I only know where a couple Firebirds that are done are located. Sorry

By the way Larry love the site.

jeff s
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
How about an Ultima GTR die cast?
Appeal to both the import crowd and the traditional hot rodder.
I'd bet it would sell huge.
Jeff

Nine Ball
10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Im not sure my car is in that catagory but that would be SO COOL..

I wonder how fast I could get it done if I REALLY tried?? :slap:

Steve, time to thrash. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

harshman
10-19-2004, 01:58 PM
does it have to be a 69? how 'bout a '68 that is already in vegas?

Steve1968LS2
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Steve, time to thrash. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I would if they were interested.. hell, OVERHAULIN does a whole car in 7 days.. I just need interior :)

But is my car really "wicked"???

Larry Callahan
10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Steve, I think they would jump at the chance on your car. Any idea when it will be done?

Also, sorry guys. They plan to start with a '69 and expand later.

BAD6SPD
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I guess I will throw my hat into the ring Larry..... On the plus side, there are lower material costs in doing a convert! :icon_razz

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/10/fighter-1.jpg

Steve1968LS2
10-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Steve, I think they would jump at the chance on your car. Any idea when it will be done?

Also, sorry guys. They plan to start with a '69 and expand later.

When would they need it done? I wasn't busting my butt on getting it done but I sure could.. all it REALLY needs for something like SEMA is the exhaust done and interior finished up..

Let me know when they would need it and I will see if thats possible.

Larry Callahan
10-20-2004, 08:32 AM
I spoke to them and they need it to be done before the show. I think Oct 31 is when they start putting stuff in the building? Also, they now say they can only haul from Southern Californina or you have to get the car there yourself and I think they will pay for the fuel. Any chance it might be ready? I sent them what pics I had to let them see it.

Steve1968LS2
10-20-2004, 11:48 AM
I spoke to them and they need it to be done before the show. I think Oct 31 is when they start putting stuff in the building? Also, they now say they can only haul from Southern Californina or you have to get the car there yourself and I think they will pay for the fuel. Any chance it might be ready? I sent them what pics I had to let them see it.

Hmm.. 11 days..

I think I could.. Let me make a few calls.. im in SoCal so thats easy..

It wouldnt be perfect.. but it would be pretty good :) (would still need fine tuning and "finishing touches"..

I have a few more pics on my website under "final assembly".. Let me know if they are interested once they see the pics.. also let them know this isnt some Foose show car.. its nice but I built it to get used (ie. its not a perfect show car) If they are interested I will see if I can bang it all together..

Thanks

Reckn8
10-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey Lary Phoenix isn't that far. hint hint. :drive:

shmoov69
10-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey, mine would look pretty good if it were really small!!! LOL! Whatdoyathink!?!?!?
Jimmy ; )

JohnnyGMachine
10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Honestly,

The most radical Pro-Touring car I know of is Tyler's 68. It's not a 69 and nor is it done but that'd make a hell of a model.

If somebody wanted to do THE pro-touring diecast that would sell across the broadest audience, I'd do the Stielow built Mule 1969 Camaro.