PDA

View Full Version : K&N Intake info

black67ls1
04-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Does anyone have a K&N snorkel type intake on their LS1?

I've got a 67 Camaro with a 2000 LS1 and T56 (almost done). I'm using the motor mounts from BRP and a BeCool radiator with SPAL electric fans. Between the throttle body and the electric fans there
is about 5.25 inches. Front the K&N intakes in the catalogs and online it appears that there might be an intake that would fit. K&N was not help when I contacted them directly, and most places don't stock their intakes. The throttle body is 4 inches in diameter. It would probably be easiest if the MAF were placed somewhere after the elbow (I think the MAF is something like 3.? inches).

Anyone got one of these things? Maybe from a truck with an LS motor?

68redcamaro
05-02-2006, 08:35 PM
look on K&N web site at the 04 and 05 GTO FIPK intake kit. It looks like it might work for a drivers side filter location. The truck filters are on the passenger side.
Terry

black67ls1
05-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the reply Terry. I actually need the intake directed to the passenger side. The one and only molded upper radiator hose I could find that would fit blocks the path to the driver's side. I'm going to try a company called AirRaid. I think they're local (Phoenix).

ProBell
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I have one that turns to the drivers side with temp sensor, mass air meter and K&N air filter. If you flip it to the pasanger side it will work but the air temp sensor will be on the top. S&P will make one for either side if you want a new one.
Randy